Geocomp seeks a senior client-focused Principal GeostructuralEngineer to help grow our New York office and our Consulting and Instrumentation divisions. In this role you will be responsible for the expansion and profitable operation of the Consulting and Instrumentation division through client strategy development, skillful financial and operational management, and the supervision and development of staff in our Consulting and Instrumentation division. Our ideal candidate will have demonstrated project management success and the ability to lead others towards a goal of client satisfaction and project profitability. Sales and business development experience would be preferred.When you join Geocomp, you will enjoy a unique and welcoming culture, focused on delivering best applicable practices. You will find that we offer a collaborative and supportive environment aimed at delivering high value services, allowing you to do your best work. We encourage all our employees to strive for personal and professional excellence and to act with integrity and honesty. We are looking for candidates who enjoy delivering innovative, value-based solutions for our clients and have a desire to learn, grow and have fun doing it. Those who take initiative and who are self-motivated will thrive in Geocomp’s environment.Job Expectations:Leadership and People
- Lead and manage technical teams within Geocomp’s Consulting division in multiple offices to meet the strategic and tactical objectives established by the Geocomp leadership team for execution, budget, quality, and safety.
- Create, sustain, and support an environment that makes it a great place to work.
- Collaborate with other groups in Geocomp to grow opportunities for our staff
- Manage and grow client relationships as an integral part of our growth strategy.
- Oversee preparation of proposals and bids for the New York office and in collaboration with other offices.
- Oversee and manage completion of projects to client satisfaction and procuring new work to grow the office.
Project and Client Management Responsibilities
- Manage teams to meet scope, schedule and budget to meet and ideally exceed client expectations across the folio of active projects.
- Supervise and coordinate staff for specific projects to obtain alignment between client needs and Geocomp resource allocations.
- Ensure deliverables are provided on time and within scope and budget.
- Routinely interact and manage relationships with clients, customers, officials, contractors, and other stakeholders.
- Promote positive and effective health and safety practices and ensure that standards and requirements are being met.
- Assemble and manage project team for each assignment to optimize results.
- Manage our Consulting work for various underground components in which you have expertise with strong support from other professionals in the Geocomp organization.
- Provide technical expertise as needed to Instrumentation division.
- Help achieve strategic objectives for delivery of best applicable practices, effective project management and active risk management.
- Perform technical tasks as required to achieve utilization objectives.
- Professional Engineer (Geotechnical or Geostructural background highly desired)
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering with a major in geotechnical or structural engineering preferred or equivalent in applicable experience.
- Strong leadership capabilities and team player
Excellent communication skills and experience in making technical and business presentations.