Dedicated to sustainable development, Arup is a collective of designers, consultants and experts working globally. Founded to be humane and excellent, we collaborate with our clients and partners using imagination, technology and rigor to shape a better world.We collaborate with public and private sector clients to unlock the transformative potential of railways. We offer a broad range of services spanning planning, design, delivery, systems integration, assurance, safety and security assessments, and optimization of railway operation and maintenance performance to unlock the financial value for investors, asset owners, operators and maintainers, while navigating the transition to low carbon and resilient rail. You would be joining our multidisciplinary team focusing on technical excellence and innovative solutions that shape a better future for people and the planet.,Our South geography is looking for a Civil/Rail Track Engineer to play a key role on a variety of exciting infrastructure projects with a primary focus on railroad infrastructure and stations projects. The selected candidate will join a multidisciplinary team of engineers located at the project’s office in Austin, Texas to support both railroad and transit projects. In this role, you will be responsible for:
• Assisting senior staff on a variety of planning and design projects with a focus on railroad infrastructure and stations projects throughout the Americas Region, such as Northeast Corridor Strategic Development Plan (Connect NEC), VIA High Frequency Rail, Eglinton Crosstown West Extension LRT, in Toronto, and the Penn Station Expansion project in New York.
• Preparing and reviewing design drawings and taking responsibility for the definable parts of a project.
• Coordinating with multiple disciplines and working with senior engineers and project managers to help complete assigned tasks.
• Drafting reports for internal and external purposes based on design development and analyses.
• Presenting technical material in traditional and innovative ways for review by technical and non-technical audiences.
• Understanding trends and best practices in the civil and rail industries.
• Participating in local Professional AssociationsThe Qualified Professional will have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering. Master’s Degree preferred.
• Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in Civil Engineering design. Railroad and/or transit project experience with field work, construction, inspection, and maintenance/rehabilitation preferred but not required.
• EIT/FE required. PE preferred.
• Experience with AutoCad and/or MicroStation.
• The ability to effectively prioritize work and manage deadlines required for our rapidly changing environment.
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills essential for team-based working.
• Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment.
• Presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels. Benefits that Work - At Arup, we have a comprehensive and valuable benefits program that works for our employees and their families while keeping costs low. These benefits provide health and welfare security for you as well as paid time off for rest and renewal. Our Global Profit Share Plan (paid bi-annually) provides an opportunity for you to share in the success of the Firm. As a valued employee of Arup, you can also choose to participate in our 401(k) plan with up to 10% company match to help you save for your future. Flexible Working - We believe that flexible arrangements create a more inclusive way of working that supports our diversity and the wellbeing of our people. Options for alternative schedules and the ability to work outside of the office for a portion of your workweek are available.Arup is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, spouse of protected veteran, or disability.