- Job no: BYGYY
Join our team of intelligent and collaborative Changemakers and make your mark on tomorrow! We have a career defining vacancy for a Structural Engineer and a Senior Structural Engineer. In this role, you’ll work with an experienced mentor and our renowned WA Bridges Maritime and Structures team.At WSP, we are committed to nurturing and developing the next generation of diverse Changemakers through mentorship and structured development programs. Being part of an inclusive global firm, you will have access to a variety of opportunities, and the support you need to progress your career and make your mark from day one.You will develop your future ready skills in supporting Transport & Infrastructure projects. This is a diverse role that will allow you to develop and grow your technical career while working on traditional projects and also work with our Bridges, Maritime and Structures team to manage our effort in reducing carbon in our design and advice as we work to halve the carbon in our design and advice by 2030.By joining our experienced and innovative Bridges, Maritime and Structures team, you would be an instrumental team member and be part of the continued, successful delivery of projects within our range of diverse project portfolio within Western Australia and beyond.Whilst Western Australia are our focus, as we are a national business model, you will also have the opportunity to work on both local and interstate projects and for a broad range of government and private sector clients. Transport & InfrastructureOur Transport and Infrastructure team leverages the latest technology and a culture of innovation across the planning, design, and management disciplines to deliver connectivity, mobility, and resiliency to Australian communities.Some of our recent projects include Armadale Line Upgrade Alliance (ALUA) and iconic Causeway Pedestrian and Cyclist Bridges.About the Role:Due to the continued success of our Australian operations, we currently have exciting opportunities for future-focused Structural Engineers to join our Perth's Bridges, Maritime and Structures team. What you’ll do:
- Undertake analysis/design works for bridge/transport structures for road and rail projects.
- Prepare design calculations and technical reports under the guidance of more senior Engineers.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders and clients as required during project delivery.
- Manage project risks and monitor projects of varying complexity and size
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering with a keen interest in structural engineering.
- Preferably Chartered Engineer. If not, then eligible for chartered status and willing to achieve it with WSP’s support.
- Relevant design experience, including detailed design, inspection, assessment, and strengthening and repair of bridge structures.
- Strong technical skills in structural analysis and design of various types of bridges and transport structures.
- Ability to produce designs, reports, specifications, and fee proposals to meet client requirements.
- Ability to work autonomously and take responsibility for the quality of deliverables and meeting deadlines.
- Experience delivering projects to Main Roads Western Australia and/or PTA is desirable.
- Team player with strong communication and report-writing skills.
- Ability to collaborate in a digital environment and be open to new ways of working.
About WSPWSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms, bringing together approximately 5,000 talented people across 14 offices in Australia. We are technical experts who design and provide strategic advice on sustainable solutions and engineer Future ReadyTM projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come. wsp.com/auOur vibrant workplace culture is an important part of what makes this a great place to work. It is supported by our Guiding Principles:· We value our people and our reputation.· We are locally dedicated with international scale.· We are future focused and challenge the status quo.· We foster collaboration in everything we do.· We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable. WSP prioritises the health and wellbeing of our people by offering flexible working, 12 months parental leave, opportunities for global mobility, purchased additional leave, and competitive remuneration among many more benefits designed to help you shine. We are committed to providing an inclusive, diverse and equal opportunity workplace. We promote Indigenous voices and are actively delivering a ‘Stretch’ level Reconciliation Action Plan. Accredited by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency as an Employer of Choice, we also support the LGBTQI+ community, and encourage all employees to bring their whole selves to work.Think this could be the opportunity for you? Apply now to begin your journey with WSP.
- Published on 14 Jul 2023, 6:24 AM