GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. (GZA) is looking for a motivated Entry-Level Civil/Geotechnical/Dams Engineer to join our team. This position will be based out of the Clarksville, TN area. As an Entry-Level Civil/Geotechnical/Dam Engineer, you will bring your expertise and unique solutions to highly visible and challenging projects in the southeastern US. You will also work with a team of dedicated Project Managers, Principals and other Engineers from our other offices around the country. If you are self-motivated, have a strong academic record, solid understanding of civil engineering principles with a geotechnical focus, and a desire to learn through working on a variety of civil engineering projects, apply today! Key Duties:
- Conducting fieldwork including dam and levee safety inspections, performing environmental site visits, monitoring test borings and instrumentation installations, and performing construction monitoring for heavy civil projects.
- Data gathering, organization, and interpretation in support of design, evaluation, and rehabilitation projects.
- Executing engineering analyses, under the direction of a senior engineer, including seepage and slope stability analyses, and gravity stability analyses.
- Writing drafts of field reports, inspection/engineering reports, technical specifications, and permitting applications.
- Preparing construction plans and cost/quantity estimates.
- Communicating effectively and efficiently with contractors, clients, and team members.
- GZA emphasizes a One Company environment, and as a member of our team, you may be asked to assist on projects and tasks outside of your primary technical discipline.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, or Environmental Engineering is required. Master’s degree is a plus.
- 0-5 years of relevant work experience as an Engineer is preferred.
- Strong communication, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office and AutoCAD skills are required; ArcMap proficiency is a plus.
- Experience or academic training with geotechnical computer software such as SEEP/W, SLOPE/W, and finite element analysis software such as PLAXIS is a plus, though you will have an opportunity for on-the-job training.
- Occasional out-of-town and out-of-state travel will be required. Candidate must have consistent and reliable means of transportation to/from project sites.
- Professional development and enrichment
- Exciting work environment
- Generous, company-subsidized benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and 401K retirement plan
GZA is an employee-owned multidisciplinary environmental consulting, geotechnical engineering, geo-civil engineering, construction management and environmental remediation firm. We are an ENR Top 500 Design firm focused on geotechnical, environmental, water, ecological, and construction management services. With a staff of interrelated professionals dedicated to providing high-level expertise on complex projects above, below and at ground-level, GZA’s experts provide seamless integration across practice areas, client type, and location.