Senior Structural EngineerWhy join us?We are hiring! Atkins is looking for a Senior Structural Engineer to work on a variety of structural engineering projects from our client's office in Atlanta, GA.About Us:Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.How will you contribute to the team?
- Serves as technical consultant, solving major technical problems, developing engineering standards and guides, and determining program objectives and requirements.
- Analyzes projects and makes cost-effective design recommendations, monitors design approaches and makes final design decisions.
- Provides consultation and advice throughout the company on matters within area of expertise.
- Monitors budget conformance.
- Actively serves in quality control capacity.
- Markets company services.
- Conducts technical training workshops and serves as mentor to less experienced engineers and other technical professionals.
- May function as the project manager for routine to semi-complex projects. Responsibilities may include marketing, negotiating contracts, budgeting, financial management, schedule coordination and resources allocation.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
What will you contribute?
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering. M.S. or graduate level technical coursework preferred. This level may be achieved by Engineers with fifteen years experience since Bachelor's or fourteen years since Master's. Typical incumbent has 20+ years of experience.
- PE Required
- GDOT experience is a plus.
- Strong persuasive ability, technical writing and communications skills are expected at this level, proven through technical presentations, technical papers and/or participation in technical committees. May be eligible for project management training.
What we offer at Atkins:At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:https://careers.snclavalin.com/equal-opportunities-statementAtkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice. Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies