Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, renewable energy producers, energy companies, corporations, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work. Consistently ranked among the top ten “Best Firms to Work For” and Engineering News-Record’s top 50 firms worldwide, Langan attracts and retains the best talent in the industry. Employees thrive at Langan, a firm that embraces and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion; prioritizes wellbeing, health and safety; encourages volunteerism and philanthropy; offers workplace flexibility, along with carbon neutral office spaces; and empowers individuals to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions.
Langan is seeking a Geotechnical Engineer to join its collaborative team in Irvine, CA. This individual will serve a key function in providing the planning and execution of field investigations, monitoring foundation and earthwork construction, identifying and implementing field and lab work solutions, and preparing logs and reports. In this role, you will have the opportunity to analyze geotechnical engineering problems, and assist in preparation of geotechnical engineering reports on large-scale and high-profile projects.
- Assist with the planning and execution of field investigations, including logging borings and test pits, collecting samples, performing field tests, and collecting and recording data;
- Observe foundation and earthwork construction activities; monitors conformance with the construction documents;
- Identify and implement solutions to both routine and complex field and/or laboratory problems;
- Prepare standard logs and field forms, including drilling and test pit logs, field investigation dailies, and chain of custody logs;
- Conduct file reviews, site reconnaissance, and document searches;
- Accurately document and communicate with supervisor on any problems encountered on project sites; and
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering required; Master’s degree with Geotechnical specialty or desire to pursue is preferred;
- 1+ years of work-related experience;
- Minimum GPA of 3.0;
- EIT Certification, or current registration for FE exam;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities;
- Willingness to spend the majority of work hours in the field;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment; and
- Possess reliable transportation for client meetings and job site visits and a valid driver’s license in good standing.
Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement. Langan offers employee resource groups; flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; and much more! Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment is a key to our success. Base Salary Range: $67,000 - $83,000. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as related work experience, market conditions, education/training, certifications and other credentials, as well as applicable knowledge and skills. This position is also eligible for straight-time overtime and participation in the firm's annual bonus and performance review program. Bonuses are discretionary and based on individual job performance and the profitability of the firm.
Nearest Major Market: Irvine California
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles