Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, renewable energy producers, energy companies, corporations, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work. Consistently ranked among the top ten “Best Firms to Work For” and Engineering News-Record’s top 50 firms worldwide, Langan attracts and retains the best talent in the industry. Employees thrive at Langan, a firm that embraces and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion; prioritizes wellbeing, health and safety; encourages volunteerism and philanthropy; offers workplace flexibility, along with carbon neutral office spaces; and empowers individuals to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions.
Langan is seeking a Project Engineer to join its collaborative team in San Francisco, CA. This individual will serve a key function in performing numerical analyses to evaluate the performance of structures foundations and their effects on adjacent structures under static and dynamic loads and preparing technical reports. In addition this individual will serve a key function in incorporating machine learning techniques, 3D visualization and big data management to projects with geotechnical and environmental engineering scope. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on challenging national and international projects.
- Assist with field and laboratory test data critical review, reduction, interpretation and developing soil model parameters for finite element analyses;
- Review Foundation, Structural and Support of Excavation drawings and derive geometry and structural properties for finite element analyses;
- Perform 2D and 3D finite element analyses;
- Evaluate structural deformations using simplified methods
- Prepare data plots for presentations and technical reports;
- Prepare summary or detailed technical reports of finite element analyses;
- Participate in writing and preparation of technical papers and presentations.
- Assist in creation of 3D interactive maps from borelogs coming out of gINT.
- Assist in automations related to field load tests.
- Fieldwork is not required; and
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Doctoral degree in Geotechnical Engineering;
- 3+ years of related geotechnical experience in analyses and design of foundations, support of excavation and earth structures, including a minimum of 2 year of field experience with geotechnical investigations and construction inspection;
- PE certification is preferred;
- Training and experience in 2D and 3D numerical modeling software, including UDEC and 3DEC;
- Coursework in foundation engineering, finite element methods and geotechnical earthquake engineering preferred;
- Desired field experience in: driven and drilled pile construction, footings subgrade and backfill inspection, and excavation support system design and construction inspection;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities; and
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment.
Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement. Langan offers employee resource groups; flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; and much more! Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment is a key to our success. Base Salary Range: $73,000 - $124,000. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as related work experience, market conditions, education/training, certifications and other credentials, as well as applicable knowledge and skills. This position is also eligible to participate in the firm's annual bonus and performance review program. Bonuses are discretionary and based on individual job performance and the profitability of the firm.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland