As a Junior or Intermediate Civil/Structural Engineer specializing in Water Resources/Infrastructure, you will have the opportunity to work on small to large scale water resources civil/structural engineering projects from concept through construction and commissioning. You will expand your academic training and professional practice by working along-side senior engineers & environmental scientists on water resources and civil/structural engineering projects primarily in western Canada. KCB is an established, award-winning company with a global influence whose success is based on delivering solutions to the toughest technical challenges facing our clients. KCB continues to grow and has an exciting future in several strategic markets in Canada and internationally. This role will give you the opportunity to help us grow the Infrastructure Group in Alberta and advance your career in our One Team culture that values a winning attitude, continual learning and innovation, adaptability and flexibility, engagement, and having fun. This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Work on a variety of projects such as: dams, reservoirs, canals, and irrigation systems; hydraulic structures including water supply, storage, and conveyance structures; river engineering; mine water and storm water management systems; water and wastewater networks; geohazard assessment and repair; dam safety inspections and reviews; flood protection works; hydropower; and bridge projects.
- Broaden your professional practice by working in and with other engineering disciplines such as hydrotechnical, geotechnical, and mechanical while maintaining your focus on civil/structural engineering.
- Develop your project coordination and management skills by working with experienced and skilled senior project managers on sustainable projects.
- Work on projects throughout western Canada with potential opportunities in other locations such as Australia, south-east Asia, and Peru including a mix of office and field work.
- Work in a dynamic company culture with a diverse, hands-on, small to medium sized, and hard-working office team that supports and encourages career development and diversification.
If you are registered or are eligible to register as an Engineer-In-Training or a Professional Engineer in Canada, have a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering and a minimum of 2 years work experience in the civil/structural and/or water resources market sectors, we want to hear from you! We value your:
- Strong initiative, innovation, and commitment to technical excellence as well as your enthusiasm and drive toward long-term success.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including experience in contributing to proposals, technical reports, and general project correspondence.
- Exceptional team spirit, interpersonal skills, and your ability to build long-term, successful relationships with our clients and project teams.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
About Us: Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm with five major business units providing engineering and environmental services in the mining, hydropower, transportation, ports, infrastructure, geotechnical, oil & gas, environmental, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in North America, Australia, South America, and Europe. From our offices in Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon and York (UK), our Alberta Group works on challenging projects in the Water, Power and Transportation, Oil Sands, Mining, and Oil and Gas market sectors. KCB is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed companies. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer professional career development tracks and salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package. Are you up to the challenge? If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé quoting the job reference number 170-A23. We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.