If you’re looking for a place to kick-start your career, where you can contribute to a dynamic and innovative firm, tackle challenging project work, and collaborate with industry recognized professionals - Geosyntec is the place for you! As a Staff Environmental/Geotechnical Engineer in Illinois (Chicago or Oak Brook), as part of our geoenvironmental group, you will have the opportunity to apply your academic knowledge to real-world situations related to civil, geotechnical, and environmental engineering in support of our power, utility, and solid waste sector, while learning the business skills needed for a successful consulting career. Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.comESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESIs this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? Some of the key responsibilities for the position include:
- Solid Waste Facility design and permitting;
- Remedial design and closure;
- Site civil layout;
- CAD Design (alignments, surface generation and volume analysis);
- Geotechnical and environmental site characterization using laboratory and field data;
- Stormwater design and modeling;
- Data analysis, including preparing maps, tables, and figures;
- Performing and reviewing engineering calculations and gas, leachate, and slope stability modeling;
- Writing and reviewing engineering reports;
- Developing permit applications and construction documents;
- Writing and reviewing engineering reports; and
- Field work such as soil, surface water, and groundwater sampling, drilling, and contractor oversight.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will guide and integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture.Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork: Up to 50%
- Overnight travel: Up to 25%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor's degree in civil, environmental, geologic or geotechnical engineering or geology. (required)
- Advanced degree in geotechnical engineering. (preferred)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Prior internship or work experience in engineering consulting. (preferred)
- Experience with geotechnical and engineering software such as AutoCAD, Slope/W, and ArcGIS. (preferred)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
- Excellent writing and communication skills. (required)
- Demonstrates an interest in solid waste. (required)
CULTURE/EEO STATEMENTGeosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefitsThe Geosyntec family of companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, marital status, domestic partner status, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
The EEOC Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency policies are available here:Geosyntec is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] or call (561) 995-0900 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.