Requisition ID: 6303Location: BRUXELLES, BE, 1000Lead Engineer BUILDINGS – Structural EngineeringBrussels The working environment Tractebel is an engineering office that is well known in the fields of water- and linear infrastructure and buildings and enjoys an important position in Belgium. The Product Structural Engineering, part of the URBAN business line of Tractebel, is currently seeking a LEAD ENGINEER. The team is involved in a wide range of different projects, in cooperation with the other entities of Tractebel and the ENGIE Group, both in Belgium and internationally.The team has different locations in Belgium and Romania. The team consists of about 70 engineers, architects, consultants, designers and support staff, present in Belgium on 4 different sites (Ghent, Hasselt, Brussels and Namur) and also in Romania. Your function
- As Lead engineer you actively stimulate and develop the use of BIM and parametric design in the organization.
- In your projects you lead, motivate, coach and manage a project team of monodisciplinary structural engineers, geotechnical engineers and draftsmen and you work closely together with the other teams involved in the project.
- You are responsible for designing civil works (concrete, steel, timber,…) from concept to execution study
- You are responsible for ensuring that the budget, the agreed scope, the timing and the quality of the engineering works is executed as required. You will ensure that the projects assigned to you are executed in accordance to our quality system and our H&S rules
- You report progress for all your projects on a weekly regular basis to your Manager
- You guide young engineers by actively participating in their training trajectory
- You enhance an integrated design process by looking transversally over the different disciplines involved
- You respond to the needs of the client and you attach great importance to customer focus;
- You prepare and submit offers and contracts and you present them to the customer in consultation with the commercial team
- You work together with external partners (such as architects, other design and engineering consultancies, subcontractors, contractors during the construction phase, etc.) in a constructive way.
- You strive for sustainable and efficient solutions
You keep track of the standards, guidelines and developments in your field and report these to your team members or colleagues Your profile
- You are a qualified Master Degree of Civil Engineering or equivalent;
- You have at least 10 years of experience with structural engineering projects related to complex buildings (data centers, hospitals, sport centers, swimming pools, office buildings, …);
- You were ideally involved in all aspects and phases of your projects: competition, design, studies, tender, execution, management,…;
- You have experience with competitive bidding (competitions): conceptual design, quick estimation of building cost, definition and negotiation of the fee, presentation to the client or authorities, etc.
- You have experience in conducting multidisciplinary projects in Construction with multiple stakeholders, time and budget constraints;
- You have good communication skills and you are a team player;
- You are client-oriented, solution-oriented and flexible;
- You are Fluent in Dutch with a very good knowledge of the second language (this is mandatory) and you have a professional level of English.
- You are prepared to work with teams in our different regional offices (Ghent, Brussels and Hasselt) and cooperate with our office in Romania;
- You are willing to make occasional international trips for our international collaboration and international projects
- An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance;
- A stable work environment where professional growth and development are stimulated (via the Tractebel School and the ENGIE University);
- An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits;
- A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
Business Unit: GBU Energy SolutionsDivision: ES Tractebel L2Legal Entity: TRACTEBEL ENGINEERING S.A. (BE)Contract Type: Job Type: Professional Experience: Education Level: