RINACivil Engineer IIGum Springs, AR (on client site) This position is being posted on behalf of our parent company, RINA, for an on site project in Arkadelphia, Arkansas. The Engineer II performs a variety of engineering and administrative tasks of limited to moderate difficulty by applying standard engineering techniques and analyses within a discipline. The Engineer at this level has experience and an increasing proficiency in the utilization of engineering theories/practices and Company procedures. Works with other engineers on a project team, maintaining effective communication with project team members, other departments, suppliers, and clients. Assignments are given in general terms and are subject to periodic review while in progress and upon completion. There is considerable latitude for independent judgment and action in well- defined areas of work. This position is for a project and will receive project term agreement & benefits.1. Immediate start – completion estimated Q1/Q2 20242. Estimated work week consists of minimum 40 hours, up to 50 hours.3. Minimum 40 hours per week to be billed.4. Per diem billed 7 days/week Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manages construction projects, conducts site investigations, assesses risks, and ensures safe project completion.
• Developing, configuring and optimizing industrial processes during construction through commissioning
• Plan and oversee construction of facility
• Collaborate with stakeholders, provide technical expertise, and oversee structure implementation.
• Strong project management, communication, and engineering skills are essential.
• Managing, designing, developing, creating and maintaining construction projects• Conducting on-site investigations and analyzing data
• Assessing potential risks, materials and costs
• Perform standard engineering calculations and prepare drawings, designs, and surveys
• Prepare cost estimates, material quality takeoffs, and other materials suitable for procurement and construction purposes
• Prepare and issue specifications, data sheets, and other construction documents
• Utilize computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks
• Monitor and complete assigned project tasks and subtasks within the allocated budget and schedule
• Review and interpret technical documents and designs under the guidance of
experienced engineers; assist with authoring technical reports and project correspondence
• Provide engineering support and data collection in the field for projects in various stages of design and construction
• Interact with client and project team in developing scope of services and communicating project progress
• Observe safety and security procedures; report potentially unsafe conditions and use equipment and materials properly
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree from an ABET accredited institution required (discipline in Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Petroleum, or equivalent fields of study)
• Professional Engineer (PE) license not required but a plus
• 6 – 10 years of experience applying engineering principles and practices to the solution of routine professional engineering problems and performing difficult mathematical calculations with speed and accuracy
• Solid knowledge of design techniques and tools in the production of technical plans, drawings, and models
• Working knowledge of computer-aided design software and other PC software packages typically associated with engineering required (i.e. AutoCAD, MicroStation, etc.)
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications Additional Requirements:
• Valid Driver’s License
• Ability to travel on short notice
• The worker is required to work in field location and will be exposed to outside weather conditions. Additional environmental conditions may vary by job site The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required ABOUT RINAWe are 5,300+ people around the world, committed to simplify complexities with a focus on energy transition, ESG and digitalization. We specialize in testing, inspection, certification and engineering solutions across a wide range of markets including, among others, marine, energy and mobility, real estate and infrastructure, space and defense, industry 4.0.
At RINA, we engage in partnering with customers in developing solutions to complex problems, while leveraging our expertise to anticipate and address any challenges along the way. Improving the quality of life and building sustainable values for future generations is the ultimate purpose that moves us every day. Our people come from diverse cultures, countries, and backgrounds. By respecting, embracing, and making the most of these differences, we become stronger. RINA does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of Patrick without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of Patrick. Please, no phone calls or emails. Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Policy Statement It is the policy of RINA to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy) national origin, age, disabilities, marital status, sexual orientation, genetics, military status, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans (veterans who served during a war or in a campaign or expedition for which a badge has been authorized), and Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law.