COMPANY INFORMATIONKPFF is an industry leader in Civil and Structural engineering and has been in practice for over 60 years. We work with public agencies, developers, contractors, and architects providing Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Project Management and Surveying services.We offer a collaborative environment with opportunity for growth, a great working atmosphere, competitive pay, and benefits. We are committed to doing excellent work and providing a supportive business environment. We hire people who are creative, highly skilled, and who approach each job with integrity and in the best interest of the project.We are an engineering-focused company that is organized around the precept that great people thrive in an environment that enables freedom and independence while also providing the necessary amount of accountability and support. Trust, relationships, and excellence are foundational values for our company. Our success depends on trustworthy team members who are dedicated to excellence in everything they do.KPFF is a large, stable company with over 1,200 employees in 20 offices located nationwide. We are decentralized, so each office has the freedom to pursue the clients and type of work that makes their office successful. This type of structure provides a lot of flexibility and opportunity for engineering project managers.Learn more about our company at our website:www.kpff.comJOB DESCRIPTIONWe are seeking candidates with experience leading a team to complete projects, and who are passionate about making an impact in their work and community. As a Project Manager, you’ll manage the civil engineering effort for public and private site development projects of all sizes.Our typical scope of services includes preparing site feasibility studies, site layout designs, grading plans, drainage plans, storm water quality design, sustainable design, utility improvements, roadway infrastructure design, and ADA code compliance assessments.We are looking for candidates with highly effective communication skills to make meaningful connections with coworkers, team members and clients. The ideal candidate is self-motivated and passionate about sharing their knowledge and helping team members grow.
As a Civil Engineering Project Manager, you may be responsible for:
- Overall management of specific projects.
- Primary interface with clients and project team members for design and project management.
- Supervising, guiding, and directing project engineers and drafters.
- Technical content and quality control on your projects, and coordination with the Principal-In-Charge.
- Establishing project fees, managing budget and scheduling commitments with the Principal-In-Charge of the project.
- Tracking project cost and deliverables to successfully fulfill contract and project commitments and budgets.
- 5 years of relevant experience in land development, site planning, storm drainage, water quality design, hydrology, grading, utility, roadways, parking facilities, and exposure to a wide variety of site development project types.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to function effectively in a team environment, and ability to focus on client satisfaction.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to concurrently manage multiple active projects and people.
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering.
- P.E. license in California.
- Working knowledge of codes, regulations, and standards applicable to the design and construction of major site development projects in California.
- Working knowledge of typical computer software programs used for civil engineering design (AutoCAD, Civil3D, Microsoft Office, Hydrology and Hydraulic, WaterCAD, etc.).
BENEFITSBenefits Provided by KPFF:
- An excellent 401K retirement savings plan with employer contributions.
- Medical Insurance
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) option
- Health Savings Account (HSA) option with employer contribution
- Dental Insurance – with a no-premium option
- Medical Flexible Spending Account (FSA) option
- Dependent Care FSA option
- Employee Assistance Program
- Group Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays (including two floating holidays of choice)
- Paid Time Off (vacation, sick, jury duty)
- Comp Time Program
- Flexible Working Hours
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Performance based Bonus program based upon the profitability of the business unit and contributions of the employee to its success.
KPFF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.