About UsAt HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch Our Story:' https://www.hdrinc.com/our-story'
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR is looking for Senior Bridge Engineers to join our Transportation Business Group. In this role, we’ll count on you to:
- Lead a team to conduct analyses, develop design solutions, and lead the preparation of design drawings, calculations, and specifications for bridge engineering projects.
- Perform engineering designs requiring application of standard and advanced techniques and procedures as well as bringing in past industry experience to strengthen the team to deliver excellent technical work.
- Perform complex structural planning, analysis, and design for all structural aspects of transportation projects. Typical projects might include bridge, box culvert, and retaining wall design for highway and railway projects.
- Have proven background of technical leadership on these types of projects.
- Be comfortable mentoring less-experienced staff, being viewed as a technical expert in engineering analysis and design.
- Supervise more junior engineers in the performance of engineering tasks.
- Perform quality control reviews of the design work being performed by the design team.
- Work independently on small technical engineering projects or lead a team of junior and mid-level engineers on larger technical projects.
- Responsible for the technical development of bridge projects from inception to completion.
- Aid in the preparation of technical proposals.
- Provide technical mentorship and development to younger staff.
- Represent HDR at industry technical seminars.
- Establish client relations and be involved with marketing, contractual, design and production meetings.
- Project management: Managing scope, schedule, staffing, budget, etc.
- BSCE required.
- PE required.
- A minimum of 10 years of bridge/structural design experience.
- Must have proven hands-on experience in all aspects of bridge design projects.
- Proficiency with bridge analysis & design software programs required. Microsoft Office software and CAD required.
- Experience using structural analysis programs, bridge design software, load rating, and bridge rehabilitation is a must.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, communication skills, and ability to work with various teams required. Strong communication skills and willingness to work in a team environment.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a mus
- MSCE in Structural Engineering
- SE License
- Ability to become licensed as a PE in other US states’ jurisdictions, through the NCEES or similar is preferred.
- Project management skills.
- Experience with local owners is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with engineering software packages such as: LARSA, LEAP Bridge Enterprise, FB-MultiPier, LPile, AASHTOWare BrR, midas Civil, MDX, SAP2000, CSiBridge, ADINA, RM Bridge, spColumn, LUSAS, STLBridgeLRFD, or STLBridge.
- Experience leading design services during construction is preferred.
- Experience with Design/Build projects is a plus.
Why HDRAt HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
: United States-Florida-Orlando
: RegularBusinessClass: Bridges and Structures
: Jul 5, 2023