About UsAt HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch Our Story:' https://www.hdrinc.com/our-story'
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.Primary ResponsibilitiesAs a Bridge EIT, you will be assisting a Senior Structural Engineer, and we will count on you to:
- Work on a design team with other engineers to carry out detailed structural design tasks for primarily pre-stressed concrete and steel bridges.
- Assist in structural design tasks including calculations, load rating, structural modeling and analyses, detailing, quantity and cost estimates with supervision from a senior engineer.
- Perform field inspections to assess structural conditions and collect data for design with a senior engineer.
- Assist in preparation of bridge contract plans and details.
- Assist in the development of structural specifications input.
- Assist in writing of memorandums and technical reports.
Keyword(s): Structural Engineer, Bridge Engineer, Structural EIT, #LI-AG2
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering or Bridge Engineering related field.
- EIT or ability to obtain within 12 months. Candidates hired without their EIT will have the title of "Bridge Designer" and will be expected to obtain their EIT for career progression.
- Experience in MS Office, MathCAD and AutoCAD or Microstation Software.
- Strong understanding and hands-on use of computers for structural layout and design.
- Excellent communication skills that are effective both orally and in writing.
- Willing to work in a team environment with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
- Master’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Previous experience with an engineering consulting firm or experience with bridge design is a plus
- Familiarity with engineering software packages such as: LEAP Bridge Enterprise, FB-MultiPier, LPile, AASHTOWare BrR, MDX, spColumn, LARSA, LUSAS, STLBridgeLRFD, or STLBridge
- Preference given to local candidates
Why HDRAt HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
: United States-Virginia-Vienna
: United States-District of Columbia-Washington DC, United States-Virginia-Glen Allen, United States-Virginia-Roanoke, United States-Virginia-Virginia Beach, United States-Maryland-Fulton
: RegularBusinessClass: Bridges and Structures
: Jul 5, 2023