Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring that all Menard, OSHA, MSHA, and site-specific safety regulations are followed / enforced.
- Performing and managing field quality control tests and production records.
- Researching and resolving drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interferences, and errors.
- Performing basic field surveys, resolving geometry issues, preparing drawings/sketches to support construction work.
- Preparing RFI’s and assisting in preparation of change order documentation and claim analysis.
- Ensuring all installation follows Menard Quality Control Manual.
- Tracking invoices and handling documentation and proper submittals.
- Performing detailed geotechnical and structural analysis while collaborating with our engineering department to develop work.
- Developing business and searching for new opportunities and clients.
- Maintaining and establishing new relationships with our customers.
- Preparing geotechnical designs, cost estimates and proposals for ground support solutions based on interpretation of project documents.
- Communicating with Clients, Engineers and Architects to move the sales process along and bring the project to contract .
- Negotiating contract terms.
- Supporting the Marketing and Business Development departments by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events.
- Making technical presentations to prospects and supporting educational training of Menard clientele .
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Understanding of basic geotechnical design and calculation principles.
- Strong observation skills and ability to work with diligence.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail, especially related to completion and documentation of all responsibilities.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including, but not limited to Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD.
Education and Experience RequirementsBachelor’s degree in engineering, geology or related field. Prior experience with geotechnical construction and techniques a plus (i.e. drawings, specifications, building materials, surveying, design, or geotechnical work).-OR-Any equivalent combination of education and experience which meets the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Physical Requirements
- Prolonged periods of standing, walking and sitting at desk.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to traverse facilities in all types of weather conditions.
50% overnight travel required for this position.Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)