Take Your Geotechnical Career to the Next LevelAre you ready to be challenged, make a difference, and experience professional growth in your career? Kleinfelder’s Geotechnical team is looking for you! From earthquake and seismic engineering to the latest trenchless technology methods, Kleinfelder’s Geotechnical Services support the planning, engineering, and construction of complex projects, and our specialists are leading experts in their fields. Step into Your New Role Kleinfelder is seeking an experienced Geotechnical Engineer with 10+ years of experience to join us in our Maryland/Virginia Geotechnical Engineering group. In this role, you will use your academic experience and your “can-do” attitude to:
- Complete challenging and impactful geotechnical work assignments in the field, and in the office.
- Accelerate your professional development and field knowledge by working on a variety of projects
- Gain “hands on” field experience including soil investigation, construction testing, dynamic pile testing, and more
- Experience the fast-paced world of construction first-hand
- Expand your technical knowledge and learn business skills needed for a successful career
- Work on teams with recognized experts in deep foundations and marine construction
- 10+ years of experience in Geotechnical Engineering
- B.S/M.S. in civil engineering (geotechnical or structural), M.S. preferred
- CAD experience preferred
- Have reliable, insured, transportation to and from the corporate office
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs including Excel and Word
- Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills
- Physically capable of meeting physical demands of walking/climbing on construction sites, moving, handling testing equipment, ability to lift up to 50 lbs, etc.
- Willingness to travel throughout Maryland and its contiguous states.
Travel to project sites and other Kleinfelder offices is required. Skills required for this position include:
- strong verbal and written communication skills,
- the ability to organize priorities and multi-task effectively, and
- a thirst to learn and achieve continuous improvement in a team environment.
- a can-do attitude and problem-solving mindset are essential.
- a BS in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering
The candidate should have at a minimum, experience in, or the ability to readily learn, all basic components of the delivery of a fundamental geotechnical investigation including:
- organization and performance of the field investigation,
- logging of geotechnical borings and test pits including soil and rock classification,
- assignment of the appropriate laboratory testing,
- performance of the associated engineering analyses under the guidance of a professional engineer,
- preparation of the geotechnical report,
- ability to work with design teams to incorporate geotechnical aspects into site designs, and
- demonstrate experience with, or the ability to readily learn earthwork and foundation construction observation.
The candidate may have experience in other aspects of civil engineering including:
- geotechnical laboratory testing,
- deep foundations,
- site grading,
- erosion and sedimentation control, and
- stormwater management.
Experience with gINT, Lpile, SlopeW, Settle 3D, Slide and CAD software is preferred. A BS in Geological/Civil Engineering with P.E. is required, and MS in Geotechnical Engineering is a plus! Licensure in the State of Maryland and the District of Columbia is required or should be obtainable within the first 3 months of employment through reciprocity. Move Forward with KleinfelderKleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 85 offices in the US, Canada, and Australia. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver. Progress with an Employer that Values YouKleinfelder is an inclusive organization free from discrimination. We are a stronger organization when we are a diverse workforce and believe that through diversity, equity, and inclusion comes creativity, innovation, and unity. We are proud to offer the following: Benefits: Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays. Career Development: We are committed to investing in the professional development of our staff, offering each employee every opportunity to grow, develop, and take control of their career paths. We support these efforts through reimbursements for continuing education as well as many of the expenses associated with trainings and certifications, and opportunities for career development through our internal Mentoring Program. Equal Opportunity: Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules) NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.