Our office in Walnut Creek is looking to add a Business Development Director to lead our sales and business strategy in the California region.The position requires experience in directing and handling business development efforts in California including transportation, water resources, infrastructure, vertical construction, cities, and local, regional, state, and Federal agencies. The candidate will be deeply knowledgeable relative to the market dynamics and business development environment of at least one of the four main disciplines: water resources, transportation (including tunneling and bridges), infrastructure (including energy), or ports and harbors.The right candidate will have a proven track record of teaming with A&E firms and contractors, including on Design-Build projects and more traditional design projects. The right candidate will be a self-starter and a go-getter with the ability to identify opportunities for business expansion and growth and grow branding awareness. The candidate will understand local, regional, and state market dynamics in addition to understanding the geotechnical engineering market including site exploration with the ability to promote Fugro’s innovations as appropriate.Annual Salary Range - $110,000 - $165,000 per yearJob Responsibilities:
- Identify, contact, and inform existing and prospective clients of services available through Fugro USA Land
- Manage all BD efforts in California and be deeply knowledgeable with a proven BD track record in at least one of the four main disciplines: water resources, transportation (including tunneling and bridges), infrastructure (including energy), or ports and harbors
- Maintain a network of contacts with A&E firms, contractors, structural engineers, geotechnical engineering firms, cities, local, regional, state, and Federal agencies, cities, and industry forums (e.g. finding project leads, identifying market trends, exploring teaming opportunities, and having general and detailed knowledge of the geotechnical engineering market;
- Gain an understanding of the client’s business needs, identify success factors and service requirements, and incorporate them into well-conceived account plans
- Create and develop internal and external communications related to business development
- Create a strategic business development plan to promote Fugro’s visibility and branding
- Demonstrate a strong ability to coordinate and collaborate among different parties to satisfy company and client need
- Become acquainted with other Fugro operating companies that provide complementary services to common clients
- Introduce Fugro engineers, scientists, and senior technicians to client representatives seeking specific services or assistance
- Regularly communicate progress being made via trip reports, sales reports, and activity summaries
- Keep current on competitive moves by other service providers and competitors
- Schedule, facilitate, and lead presentations to clients
- Meet all KPIs as determined by the supervisor
- Observe and follow all company safety rules and procedures
- Support and encourage continuous improvement of the company’s processes, including the safety program and quality management system
- Authorized to work in the United States, without restrictions
- Engineering or other technical degree preferred, with educational or career experience in communications or marketing.
- Civil engineering and/or geotechnical degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in architecture/geotechnical/engineering markets and marketing/sales preferred.
- Society of Marketing Professional Services (SMPS) certificate encouraged.
- Must be knowledgeable of the CA market.
- Must be deeply knowledgeable of at least one of the four main disciplines: water resources, transportation (including tunneling and bridges), infrastructure (including energy), or ports and harbors.
- Must be a flexible, reliable, and dedicated self-starter who is diligent in client follow-up.
- Working knowledge of earth sciences consulting, engineering, and testing required.
- Possess current driver’s license with acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Demonstrate proficiency with computers and software.
- Be able to represent Fugro in a professional, business-like manner.
- Must strictly adhere to Fugro’s safe driving policy, standards, and requirements.
- Be able to travel extensively to various client offices and job sites.
- Be highly organized and able to work within deadlines.
- Be able to treat the information confidentially.
- Maintain effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Possess or be able to obtain a valid passport.
- Be able to work occasional weekends and overtime when required.
What’s in it for you?At Fugro, our people are our number one priority and central to our purpose to create a safe and livable world. Our values set the foundation for our unique culture: we are determined to deliver, we prepare for tomorrow, we do what’s right, and we build trust. Our talent philosophy is seeded by our values and fueled by a passion for learning, developing leadership behaviors, transparency, and accountability.Fugro offers opportunities to sharpen skills and provide career growth through on-the-job learning experiences, LinkedIn Learning access, business and technical training, and leadership development programs.We value the mental, physical, and financial health of our employees and their families and offer a variety of flexible work models. Fugro USA’s comprehensive benefits package also ensures you have choices that fit your needs at any life stage.How to apply?If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated**.**Fugro USA posting DisclaimerFugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or [email protected] is the law posterEEO is the law supplement posterPay Transparency