DescriptionEarth Systems provides a wide variety of services including geotechnical engineering, geology and hydrogeology, construction materials testing and inspection, and soils and materials laboratory testing. Earth Systems is founded on our people and has more than 50 years of experience working in communities throughout California.
Earth Systems is currently seeking a Geotechnical Field Technician for our Ventura, CA office.
Are you looking for a career that gets you outdoors? As a Geotechnical Field Technician, you will travel from site to site collecting soil samples from field sites. Geotechnical Field Technicians are key members of the geotechnical team of professionals who test and analyze soil samples to provide clients with compositional data and recommendations.
Duties and responsibilities
- Fieldwork related to soils engineering and construction, including compaction testing of soils, aggregates, and asphalt.
- Observation of grading activities and foundation construction, identification and sampling of construction materials, and special inspection of concrete, masonry, and steel.
- Nuclear testing gauge, ACI, ICC, DSA, and AWS certifications preferred.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- 2 years experience working the in geotechnical environment required.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft programs.
- Math, analytical, and writing skills are required and must be willing to “learn by doing.”
- Must have reliable transportation and a clean driving record.
Benefits: We offer a competitive salary and benefits plan including medical, vision, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance, generous PTO, paid holidays, and 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching.
The expected pay range for this position is $19-39 per hour. Exact rate is dependent on several factors such as experience, skills, education/certifications, and geographic location.
Employment is conditioned upon completing a background check, review of Motor Vehicle Records, drug screening, and a medical evaluation appropriate to the position.
Earth Systems provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.