We have an exciting opportunity to lead the Structural Engineering/Design Portfolio discipline group to ensure successful project delivery for design projects in the Portfolio. The Portfolio Discipline Lead (PDL) manages group workload, hiring and project assignments, as well as providing mentoring and performance feedback for group employees. In addition, the PDL will function as the Structural technical lead for the Portfolio, providing technical guidance to employees and projects and making sure the right resources are available to support all projects and deliver exceptional service to our well-established clients. This role has the potential to work virtually and can be filled near any BC office, preference of the Northeast and Mid-West.We have an exciting opportunity for a Structural Engineer to join our growing team to help lead, develop, and grow a Structural engineering team to support the delivery of industry leading municipal water and wastewater designs. As the Structural Portfolio Discipline Lead (PDL) for the East Business Unit Client Portfolios, the right candidate will manage group workload, oversee the development of Design Scope and Level of Effort (LOE) documentation, hiring and project assignments, as well as providing motivation mentoring and performance feedback for group employees. In addition, the PDL will function as the Structural technical lead for the Portfolio, providing technical guidance to employees and projects and making sure the right resources are available to support all projects and deliver exceptional service to our well-established clients. This is an extraordinary opportunity for a senior level engineer to continue to build upon their engineering career, lead a technical delivery-focused Structural team, do challenging and meaningful work, and protect the earth’s resources at the same time.Job Expectations:
- Along with the rest of the Portfolio Design Leadership Team, collaborate with our Business Unit partners (Client Service Managers and Project Managers) in Portfolio offices to ensure the timely and efficient delivery of high-quality design projects to our clients.
- Supervise Structural portfolio employees; evaluating annual performance, manage performance, mentor, and train.
- Oversee Skills and career development of staff
- Conduct regular check-ins to manage and document performance of staff
- Provide support for technical sales and work with PMs and DMs on scoping, pricing, and staffing of portfolio design projects.
- Manage workload for the portfolio Structural team.
- Perform QA/QC reviews for projects and help ensure all project deliverables meet BC standards.
- Collaboration with other Structural PDLs within BC to collectively address issues with Structural resources, workload, technical issues, quality, etc.
- Engage with the Structural National Practice Lead (NPL) to provide leadership for development of Structural standards (specifications, standard details, etc.) and coordinate resources for standards creation and production.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- B.S. degree required. M.S. degree preferred in related engineering field.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively increasing responsibility in related experience preferred.
- Professionally registered engineer required; license must be current and in good standing.
- Demonstrated strong group management and design/project management skills.
- Effective social and supervisory skills necessary to genuinely motivate, develop, and direct staff to produce high quality work and to maintain high individual and group morale.
- Ability to focus on group and project needs while balancing multiple priorities to include but not limited to project management, design, bidding and construction management services.
- Successful marketing, proposal writing, project budgeting, proposal management, and public presentations experience.
- Strong technical writing and oral communication skills with demonstrated ability to conduct effective presentations and written report preparation.
- Successful candidate will have direct experience implementing and updating specifications and standards.
- Effective social and management skills necessary to genuinely motivate and direct staff to produce high quality work and to maintain high individual and group morale.
- Be enthusiastic, self-motivated and work independently with a willingness to learn.
- Candidate should be a self-starter, results oriented and able to work under tight and pressured deadlines.
- Ability to travel to team locations as needed.
Salary Range: The anticipated starting pay range for this position is based on the employee’s primary work location and may be more or less depending upon skills, experience, and education. These ranges may be modified in the future. Location A: $111,000 - $152,000
Location B: $122,000 - $167,000
Location C: $134,000 - $182,000
You can view which BC location applies to you here. If you have any questions, please speak with your Recruiter. Benefits and Other Compensation: We provide a comprehensive benefits package that promotes employee health, performance, and success which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, an employee assistance program, paid time off and parental leave, paid holidays, 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match, performance-based bonus eligibility, employee referral bonuses, tuition reimbursement, pet insurance and long-term care insurance. Click here to see our full list of benefits. About Brown and Caldwell Headquartered in Walnut Creek, Calif., Brown and Caldwell is a full-service environmental engineering and construction firm with 52 offices and 1,800 professionals across North America and the Pacific. For more than 70 years, we have created leading-edge environmental solutions for municipalities, private industry, and government agencies. We strive to be the company of choice—to our clients, who benefit from our passion for delivering exceptional quality, and to our employees, present and future, who share our commitment to client service, collaboration, and innovation. Join us, and you will find a home where you can do your best work, reach new levels of expertise, and enjoy exceptional development opportunities. For more information, visit www.brownandcaldwell.com This position is subject to a pre-employment background check and a pre-employment drug test. Notice to Third Party Agencies: Brown and Caldwell does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement and approved engagement request with Brown and Caldwell, Brown and Caldwell reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Brown and Caldwell is proud to be an EEO/AAP Employer. Minorities/Women/Disabled and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply. Brown and Caldwell ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Yes. 5% Local and NationalEqual Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)