Brown and Caldwell, a national environmental engineering firm, has a new opportunity for a Mid-Level Structural Engineer to provide engineering support to our structural team.When you join Brown and Caldwell you will enjoy a unique and welcoming culture. You will find that we offer a non-hierarchical, collaborative, and supportive environment, allowing you to do your best work. You will be trusted to do the right thing by our project managers and external clients. The work we do is interesting, challenging and wide-ranging in nature, and so is our client base.Detailed Description:
- Assist in developing scopes of work and level of effort estimates for structural project work.
- Provide structural engineering design for tanks, basins and building facilities at water and wastewater treatment plants.
- Design concrete, steel, and masonry structures per CBC.
- Design concrete structures utilizing ACI 318 and ACI 350 for Environmental Structures.
- Perform condition assessments of existing structures
- Prepare detailed design sketches, or work directly within Revit, and coordinate with designer staff to prepare 3-D models and design drawings.
- Prepare construction specifications.
- Coordinate structural project work with architectural, civil, process, mechanical, and electrical engineering staff.
- Provide construction administration support: submittal review, RFI responses, and structural observations.
- Utilize STAAD Pro, RAM, Risa-3D, Enercalc and other software for structural design.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Comprehensive knowledge of concrete, steel, and masonry structural design per CBC and referenced codes.
- Structural design experience with water/wastewater treatment plants, pumping stations and heavy civil/structural projects preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in structural engineering design preferred.
- B.S. required and M.S. degree preferred in Civil Engineering (structural course work emphasis).
- PE license or ability to obtain licensure within 6 months.
- Effective oral and written communication essential.
Salary Range: The anticipated starting pay range for this position is based on the employee’s primary work location and may be more or less depending upon skills, experience, and education. These ranges may be modified in the future. Location A: $91,000 - $124,000
You can view which BC location applies to you here. If you have any questions, please speak with your Recruiter. Benefits and Other Compensation: We provide a comprehensive benefits package that promotes employee health, performance, and success which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, an employee assistance program, paid time off and parental leave, paid holidays, 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match, performance-based bonus eligibility, employee referral bonuses, tuition reimbursement, pet insurance and long-term care insurance. Click here to see our full list of benefits. About Brown and CaldwellHeadquartered in Walnut Creek, Calif., Brown and Caldwell is a full-service environmental engineering and construction firm with 52 offices and 1,800 professionals across North America and the Pacific. For more than 70 years, we have created leading-edge environmental solutions for municipalities, private industry, and government agencies. We strive to be the company of choice—to our clients, who benefit from our passion for delivering exceptional quality, and to our employees, present and future, who share our commitment to client service, collaboration, and innovation. Join us, and you will find a home where you can do your best work, reach new levels of expertise, and enjoy exceptional development opportunities. For more information, visit www.brownandcaldwell.comThis position is subject to a pre-employment background check and a pre-employment drug test.Notice to Third Party Agencies: Brown and Caldwell does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement and approved engagement request with Brown and Caldwell, Brown and Caldwell reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Brown and Caldwell is proud to be an EEO/AAP Employer. Minorities/Women/Disabled and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply. Brown and Caldwell ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Yes. Up to 20% Local.Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)