Wardell Armstrong International is a successful multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy with 13 offices throughout the UK, employing approximately 500 staff. At the heart of our business lies a group of outstanding people. Working together with clients, we deliver solutions to challenging problems in Mining & Minerals, Infrastructure & Energy and Property & Development.
The Opportunity:WAI has a vacancy for a Senior level Tailings, Mine waste/ Geotechnical Engineer to join our Mining and Minerals Group based in Stoke, London and Truro. Ideally the position would be based from one of those offices with hybrid working however we are prepared to consider other offices and remote working for the right person.You will work on a diverse range of engineering studies related to international mining projects with multi-disciplinary teams both in the UK and Overseas. International travel will be required.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Design and management of geotechnical field programmes.
- Provide specialised technical input focused on landfill facilities, tailings management facilities, heap leach facilities, water impoundments and waste rock dump design, soil mechanics, soil improvement methods, geosynthetic materials engineering for projects worldwide
- Conceptual/pre-feasibility/feasibility design studies for tailings and mine waste facilities.
- Safety, regulatory compliance, due-diligence reviews and audits of proposed, active and closed tailings and mine waste storage facilities.
- Project management, report and proposal writing, authoring technical papers, client liaison, business development and mentoring of staff.
- Contributing to business development ventures.
You:A successful candidate will require:
- Degree/ Masters qualified in civil engineering, geotechnical engineering or engineering geology or a similar technical subject;
- Chartered Engineer status of appropriate professional body;
- Right to work in the UK;
- Knowledge of national and international design guidelines and regulations;
- Mining and geotechnical experience relating to mine waste disposal/facilities;
- The ability to interpret and monitor results and use a variety of tools to monitor and design geotechnical structures and assist clients with operational requirements;
- Theoretical and practical experience of project management and consultancy, including supporting client relationships, projects, and project teams;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English);
- Strong interpersonal communication and critical thinking skills;
- Ability to manage and work effectively within a team environment;
- A willingness for international travel.
We offer:Membership of the Firm's Group Personal Pension Plan, with Employer's contribution of up to 5%.• Payment of relevant professional subscriptions.• 24 days annual leave per year.• Membership to the Firm's Private Health Care Scheme.• Critical Illness Cover• Inclusion in the Firm's Life Assurance Policy given as 3 times annual salary.• Mobile Phone with inclusive tariff including personal usage.• Flexi-Time Working Schedule.• Long service awards.• Cycle to Work Scheme.• Travel Loans.• Recruitment Bounty Scheme.Please submit your CV and a Covering Letter via our website www.wardell-armstrong.com/careers.Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.