Join our team! Our mission is BUILDING COMMUNITIES. IMPROVING LIVES. For over 100 years, HR Green has done exactly that, serving as a trusted partner to our Colleagues, our clients, and our communities. Each day, we work to find solutions that inspire our employees and fit our clients' needs to build trust to exceed our clients' expectations. We’re proud to be ranked No. 168 on Engineering News Record’s Top 500 Design Firms list in 2023. SummaryWe are looking for a Lead Structural Engineer who is ready to provide solutions that inspire our employees, exceed our clients’ expectations, and create a lasting legacy in our communities. This opportunity will allow you to design the building and internal process structures for water and wastewater treatment facilities. We are looking for a candidate who is looking to progress their career to the next level by leading Structural projects dealing with reinforced concrete structures or tanks (water-bearing) along with masonry and precast concrete buildings.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Uses professional judgment to independently complete engineering tasks within federal, state, and local established criteria.
- Completes major design tasks that meet the needs of internal and external customers, primarily design of Water/Wastewater and Utility based projects, primarily with concrete, masonry, and steel design.
- Ensures the accuracy of completed tasks through the use of established HR Green QA/QC processes established for each project.
- Monitors and pro-actively identifies or corrects technical, schedule or financial issues through effective communication with the Project Manager or other management staff.
- Assists the Client in bidding or contractor selection if authorized by the Project Manager.
- Monitors construction and supervises field personnel assigned to a task, data collection or a specific project.
- Responds to contractor questions and issues and prepares and issues project addenda as needed.
- Recommends and prepares change orders, if authorized by the Project Manager.
- May participate in preparation of engineering services proposals, including the calculation/estimation of time schedules and costs of the proposed work.
- Signs and seals engineering documents as an authorized representative of the company.
- Independently communicates on technical matters with the client.
- Under the direction of the Project Manager, may assign and manage tasks and schedules to Staff Engineer (I/II) and non-exempt project team members.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited four-year or graduate engineering university in relevant discipline.
- Professionally registered (P.E.) in one or more states in which HR Green, Inc. conducts business (or have the ability to obtain such registration within six months of employment)
- Ideally 8 to 10 years of Structural Engineering experience, with 4 years ideally being in design/engineering
- Proficient knowledge of office software (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Advance knowledge in office automation, CADD and engineering automation tools. AutoCAD, Civil3D and Revit is preferred.
BenefitsNot only does HR Green provide you with a place to grow, thrive, and enjoy your work, but we are also dedicated to delivering a comprehensive and multi-faceted benefits package. Visit our website for detailed total rewards information.https://www.hrgreen.com/careers/benefits/ HR Green is proud to be an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.