Join our team! Our mission is BUILDING COMMUNITIES. IMPROVING LIVES. For over 100 years, HR Green has done exactly that, serving as a trusted partner to our Colleagues, our clients, and our communities. Each day, we work to find solutions that inspire our employees and fit our clients' needs to build trust to exceed our clients' expectations. We're proud to be ranked No.162 on Engineering News-Record’s Top 500 Design Firms list in 2022, jumping up the list by 26 positions from 2021’s ranking. In 2021, we have also been awarded as a Best Place to Work!
SUMMARY The Senior Project Manager (Senior PM) - Structural is an experienced PM responsible for winning and delivering significant projects for existing and new clients. In general, the Senior PM will lead the business development process and have significant annual sales or revenue generation expectations. By planning, executing and delivering complex projects for key clients, the Senior PM meets customer expectations while optimizing internal resources to meet scope, fee and schedule expectations and delivering expected margin. The Senior PM will generally act as Client Service Manager for strategically important clients and influence the overall direction of his/her region or area of expertise. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Client Management:
- Generally acts as Client Service Manager for one or more strategically important clients.
- Interacts with senior-level client stakeholders including local, state and national political decision makers. The Senior PM consistently demonstrates the attributes of a Trusted Advisor by providing expertise and value to clients beyond the technical execution of project deliverables.
- Anticipates client needs and meets the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Recommends additional business solutions to meet a client’s current and/or future needs.
- Develops market assessments and supports the Practice Leader or Regional Director in the development and execution of national or regional market strategy.
- Leads the project pursuit process, and acts as the Pursuit Lead for significant revenue project revenue streams.
- Leads the proposal development and interview preparation phases to ensure the company is well-positioned to win key projects. Coordinates the creation of proposal/pursuit information with business line and marketing staff.
- Meets or exceeds region specific sales targets by leveraging existing client relationships. Utilizes targeted marketing efforts to identify, position and acquire new clients on behalf of the company.
- Generally responsible for creating meaningful revenue streams (in excess of 500,000 annually) for the organization.
- Manages or serves in an advisor role on highly specialized, complex, and/or strategic projects. Projects managed are of sufficient complexity and scope that the Senior PM will likely work with task leaders to ensure projects are coordinated and effectively executed.
- Proactively anticipates project issues and shows the ability to navigate complex client, political or technical issues to mitigate the impact on project delivery staff.
- Leads the development of scope, fee and contract to ensure understanding of project deliverables with client staff.
- Builds and manages the Project Plan that includes phases, tasks, timelines, contingencies and description of critical paths. Ensures plan is updates to facilitate companywide workload planning processes.
- Oversees the technical direction and manages resources to meet or exceed the budget and schedule.
- Conducts kickoff and regular project meetings where the schedule, project plan, and client expectations are regularly discussed to ensure delivery stays on track to meet client expectations.
- Initiates changes in scope, addendums and change orders necessary to ensure financial performance of projects under management.
- Directs and reviews the work of junior staff, and ensures that the firm’s quality control and quality assurance processes are followed.
- May provide individual technical contribution to the project under management.
- Generally manages annual revenue in excess of $500,000.
- Identifies the time and resources needed to deliver the project and builds an effective team.
- Manages projects by assigning tasks and closely monitoring progress against task budget and dates. Holds team members accountable for achieving the desired result on a project.
- Leads Project Team Meetings and distributes meeting minutes to team members and the client as appropriate.
- Resolves conflicts by ensuring they are addressed immediately and in the appropriate manner. Uses interpersonal skills to diffuse issues between team members.
- Provides budgetary guidance/oversight to PMs.
- Develops and analyzes financial reports.
- Monitors and resolves such issues as scope creep, cost overruns, change orders, and delays.
- Ensures the client is billed according to the contract schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in related engineering discipline.
- Professionally registered (P.E.) in the state in which HR Green Inc. conducts business.
- Has worked for 5 or more years as a Project Manager
Benefits Not only does HR Green provide you with a place to grow, thrive, and enjoy your work, but we are also dedicated to delivering a comprehensive and multi-faceted benefits package. Visit our website for detailed total rewards information. https://www.hrgreen.com/careers/benefits/HR Green is proud to be an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.