Do you want to work for one of the top engineering firms in the country?Simpson Gumpertz & Heger Inc. (SGH) is a national engineering firm that designs, investigates, and rehabilitates structures, building enclosures, and materials. Our award-winning work encompasses building, energy, civil/infrastructure, and science/defense projects in the United States, Canada, and more than thirty additional countries.We want someone passionate about engineering and problem solving.Our Structural Engineering division is currently looking to hire Spring 2023 and upcoming December 2022 graduates with a Master’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering in our Houston office. What You’ll Do:The Structures Division provides structural engineering services with emphasis on new design, repair and rehabilitation of constructed works, and investigation and performance evaluation of a variety of structures and materials. Essential duties include performing a wide range of structural engineering analysis and design tasks in steel, concrete, masonry and wood structures; assisting senior staff in on-site investigations to document existing conditions and determine root of problems; managing the preparation of drawings and specifications; and aiding senior staff during the construction administration phase of projects. A strong technical education, professional demeanor, and desire to learn is essential to this position.What You’ll Need:
- MS in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Communication skills: excellent written, oral and verbal communication skills. Ability to conveys information to internal and external clients clearly.
- Problem-solving ability: capability to solve minor or complex problems using data, logic, and judgement. Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical skills.
- Team-oriented mindset – ability to work successfully with others toward a shared goal with active participation.
- Accountability and responsibility - ability to meet deadlines. Willingness take independent initiative to ensure tasks are competed.
- Enthusiasm, passion, and desire for continued learning of new ideas and concepts.
- Familiarity with computer analysis software (e.g., ETABS, SAP, RISA, RAM, SAFE, etc.)
- Valid driver’s license and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report.
- FE/EIT certification, preferred.
Why You'll Like Working at SGH:
- Our work: Our clients trust us with their most challenging projects and we leverage our collective expertise to deliver exceptional results. At SGH, you will develop innovative solutions for the built environment by working with industry thought leaders and accessing the latest in testing, research, and technology.
- Our people: We are people of high character and diverse talents who are committed to lifelong learning and professional growth. As part of our team, you will join peers who love solving difficult problems and strive to be outstanding in everything they do.
- Our commitment: We live with integrity and embrace an obligation to give back. Here, you can help advance our profession by contributing to industry organizations, committees, standards, and procedures. Within our communities, we strive to improve neighborhoods and mentor our future leaders.
- Our contribution: At SGH, you have access to a comprehensive and rich compensation and benefits package with company-paid and voluntary programs to help build healthy lifestyles, strong relationships, and future prosperity.
SGH has 600 employees and offices in Boston; Chicago; Houston; New York City; San Francisco; Southern California; and Washington, DC.SGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity in our workforce. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all job applicants and employees. We consider all qualified applicants and encourage individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to apply. If the application system is not accessible to you, or you need a reasonable accommodation to apply due to a disability, please email [email protected].