Mott MacDonald is a multi-disciplined engineering consultancy firm, with a significant presence in energy, water and wastewater and infrastructure projects throughout North America and beyond. Because of our continued and sustained growth and success, we are now looking to appoint a Project Engineer - Geotechnical to support our Infrastructure Advisory Services division based in either Iselin, NJ or New York, NY offices.
This will be a versatile role supporting a wide variety of infrastructure projects including offshore wind, stormwater and waste water treatment plants, underground and aboveground structures, roadways, bridges, dams etc.
As a senior geotechnical engineer, your duties will include:
- Production of design solutions, reports, specifications and drawings covering a range of projects
- Assessment of sub-surface conditions and development of design criteria
- Developing engineering concepts, and articulation of the concepts to the team
- Writing reports for submission to clients as well as assisting with preparation of proposals to clients
- Identification of risks and risk mitigation
- Leading and managing junior/graduate engineers supporting their development
- Liaising with various clients, attending progress meetings and producing reports on progress; and
- Providing expert engineering input into design; and evaluation of built environment proposals.
At Mott MacDonald, our team of professionals provides cost-effective and innovative engineering solutions for North American tunneling industry with unprecedented success. We’re looking for an individual to join our team to continue this and invite applications from candidates with:
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in geotechnical engineering
- NJ/NY State PE or ability to obtain one through reciprocity
- Proven track record in geotechnical design
- Experience working with government and local agencies.
- Experience working in alternative delivery projects
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Experience with FE modelling
Salary range: $96,000 - $125,000
Benefits: 401k, medical, dental and vision insurance, STD/LTD disability, holiday, vacation and sick time, parental leave and company paid life insurance
Here at Mott MacDonald, we are experts in engineering, management, and development services supporting multisector project work in over 150 countries. One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, we pride ourselves in our ability to deliver exceptional outcomes through the connected thinking of our 16,000+ talented consultants. Sustainability and innovation are at the heart of all of our sectors which, in North America include Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation, and Water.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status or disability status.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence