In this role as a Technical Designer, you will work closely with the structural engineering team. Building Information Modeling is at the core of our delivery, so job activities include:
- Rationalizing geometry for appropriate structural schemes
- Creating, developing, modifying, and annotating our BIMs
- Creating high-quality conceptual packages and presentations, developing contract documents, tracking and reporting model quantities, and visiting jobsites to see your work in person
- Inserting and extracting information programmatically into and from our models is a critical feature of our workflows, so you will need to use existing or create new digital tools to supplement model-related tasks
- You will have the opportunity for frequent interactions with clients, architect, contractors, and owners throughout the lifecycle of our projects, which range in scale, schedule, and complexity
- 4-7 years’ experience in relevant commercial building design as an architectural or structural designer or engineer;
- Demonstrated career growth that includes experience working on design teams for a variety of building types
- Bachelor’s degree in Architectural Engineering or Civil Engineering with emphasis in Structural
- Relevant knowledge and experience with Revit and Rhinoceros and their corresponding visual programming interfaces;
- Experience using Tekla and familiarity with structural analysis software is ideal and preferred but not required;
- Capability of learning new software and associated techniques quickly; and
- Candidates must be proactive, have strong organizational skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be client-service oriented
In addition to the above, the qualified candidate will have relevant experience working on design of a variety of structures, including office buildings, commercial, sports, aviation, healthcare, education, and cultural buildings with construction costs of $25 million and up. Qualified candidates should also possess a high energy level and be a self-motivated professional who can work within a strong team environment, serving clients on major projects throughout the United States and internationally. Technical specialization, proactivity and aggressiveness when meeting client and project needs, are pluses. Walter P Moore is an equal employment opportunity employer, and provides equal employment opportunities (including offering competitive compensation and benefit packages) to all employees and applicants for employment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to any characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws and encourage all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Walter P Moore is an international company of engineers, architects, innovators, and creative people who solve some of the world’s most complex structural and infrastructure challenges. Providing structural, diagnostics, civil, traffic, parking, transportation, enclosure, and construction engineering services, we design solutions that are cost- and resource-efficient, forward-thinking, and help support and shape communities worldwide. Founded in 1931 and headquartered in Houston, Texas, our 800+ professionals work across 24 U.S. offices and 6 international locations. We are seeking to hire a qualified Technical Designer, one who has some experience in the design of large commercial structures and a passion to be part of a high-performing team. Apply for this job onlineEmail this job to a friendShare on your newsfeed
Connect With Us!
If you don't see a role open you're interested in, Connect with us here to send us your resume.