In this position the qualified individual will investigate and determine the service life of building enclosure assemblies. The qualified individual will assess enclosure systems, and design repairs for existing enclosure systems. They will perform enclosure review to assess air infiltration, rain water control, heat transfer, and vapor transmission. They will perform building performance analysis including evaluate daylighting, solar heat gain, thermal energy transfer, and holistic integration of the enclosure with building mechanical, lighting, and plumbing systems.
A sound technical background and excellent oral and written communication skills are required. A technical background in CADD and building performance modeling software is preferred. You'll develop a strong background in building façade and roofing assemblies, understanding of building science and thermal analysis concepts as well as a knowledge of modeling building performance and sustainability.
Job Responsibilities will include:
- Assist Project Manager with project tasks
- Review and organize project-related documents
- Research building codes and industry standards
- Write assessment reports
- Perform field investigations, including non-destructive testing, travel required
- Performance modeling of enclosure assemblies using different software
- Analyze proposed repair/design options.
- Design and draft repair drawings and details
- Prepare construction documents such as repair drawings and specifications
- Observe construction and installation of repairs/designs in the field, including quality assurance testing
- Prepare site visit reports and meeting minutes
- Interact with project clients, sub-consultants, and repair contractors
- B.S. in Architectural Engineering or Architecture in Building Science/Building Enclosures/ Historic Preservation; Master Degree preferred
- Engineer in Training (EIT) or Architectural Intern track
- Interest in building enclosure design, repair, retrofit and the integrated design and delivery of high performance buildings.
Skills should include:
- Microsoft Office (WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT)
- Computer Aided Drafting/Design (AUTOCAD, REVIT, Rhino, Grasshopper)
- Experience with building performance modeling, software preferred (ECOTECT, VASARI, ENERGYPLUS, EQUEST, DESIGNBUILDER, DIVA, IES-VE, THERM, WUFI)
- Familiarity with exterior wall systems
- Familiarity with roofing assemblies
- Familiarity with building structural systems
- Experience with working on suspended scaffolding and vertical heights
Walter P Moore is an equal employment opportunity employer, and provides equal employment opportunities (including offering competitive compensation and benefit packages) to all employees and applicants for employment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to any characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws and encourage all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Walter P Moore is an international company of engineers, architects, innovators, and creative people who solve some of the world’s most complex structural and infrastructure challenges. Providing structural, diagnostics, civil, traffic, parking, transportation, enclosure, and construction engineering services, we design solutions that are cost- and resource-efficient, forward-thinking, and help support and shape communities worldwide. Founded in 1931 and headquartered in Houston, Texas, our 700+ professionals work across 23 U.S. offices and 6 international locations.Apply for this job onlineEmail this job to a friendShare on your newsfeed
Connect With Us!
If you don't see a role open you're interested in, Connect with us here to send us your resume.