What You Will Do:
Gannett Fleming is ranked by ENR as a top design firm, and ranked # 12 in Transportation!! Year after year, we are recognized for our work, but it is our culture of excellence that has allowed us to earn a solid reputation, delivering award winning project solutions that build confidence, shape communities, and spark innovation. Position Highlights:
- Recognized industry leader:ENR top design firm - #12 in Transportation
- Stability:We were established in 1915!
- Work-Life Balance:You will be able to work remotely and take advantage of our flextime policy
- Mentorship:Develop and guide junior engineers and technicians
- Culture of Learning:100% tuition reimbursement and access to our comprehensive Learning Network
Gannett Fleming's Boston office is looking for an experienced Senior Bridge Engineer - Technical Leader to provide innovative leadership, project management, superior client facing skills and the ability to communicate and work across multiple operational groups and technical disciplines in the Northeast. Our goal is to continue to expand the talented bridge group in our Northeast operation and this role is pivotal to achieving this objective. Successful candidates will deliver best in class technical solutions to our clients on the design, delivery and management of projects across both public and private sectors. Responsibilities:
- Securing, planning, directing and monitoring all aspects of small to large scale multi-discipline bridge projects with a high degree of technical complexity, involving a diverse project staff.
- Reinforcing and continuing to establish strategic market position/service offerings for the group to align with client needs and Gannett Fleming strategic initiatives.
- Oversight of activities related to Bridge Design, Bridge Rehabilitation and Bridge Inspection.
- Serving as a Project Manager, Task Manager and/or Bridge Technical Advisor on Project Pursuits.
- Mentoring structural staff.
Education | Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering, Masters Preferred. PE required.
- 15+ years of bridge related design experience with 5 years at a project management level, managing a bridge/structures design group with client contacts in the Massachusetts market area.
- Candidate should be well versed in the use of the AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications.
- Demonstrated success in managing preliminary and final design, preparation of construction documents, specifications, cost estimates, project scheduling and subcontractor management.
- History of driving successful business development and strategic planning.
- Strong familiarity with MassDOT standards, policies, and procedures is required.
- Similar experience with other agencies including MBTA, ConnDOT, and/or Maine Turnpike a plus.
- Design- Build experience is strongly preferred
- Must have the ability to interact with various design teams, have excellent organizational, project management and communication both written and verbal skills.
- Track record of successfully completing projects and team leadership.
- Experience in writing/development of project proposals and letters of interest.
- Solid client relationships and willingness to help lead bid, proposal and presentation efforts.
At Gannett Fleming, we believe in improving the lives of the people we serve. We believe in innovation and social responsibility. We believe in the diversity of our team and the creative solutions they provide. We believe in embracing change and emerging technologies while maintaining an unmatched standard of quality. We believe in creating an environment where employees can thrive at home and at work. We believe in engaging our employees, building lasting relationships with our clients, and, in turn, making a difference in the world. Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veterans status or other characteristics protected by law. We offer a comprehensive benefits program, which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, our tax-deferred retirement plan, and incentive compensation for eligible positions. We are committed to your personal growth and professional development, so we offer tuition reimbursement, access to internal and external training programs and support active participation in professional organizations. NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted. Location: Boston, MA
Core Working Hours: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Employment Status: Full-timeInternal Requisition ID: 2023-10082Salary: $150,000 - $210,000;Salary dependent upon experience and geographic location.#LI-ST1 Please be advised that Gannett Fleming may require you to attest to your vaccination status and provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination. Regulatory requirements remain fluid at this time and Gannett Fleming will abide by Covid-19 mandates impacting our business as well as meet the requirements of our clients. Valid religious and medical exemptions will be reviewed and considered in accordance with applicable law.