We're Hiring!Do you like working on dynamic projects all over the world? Are you interested in applying your skills, talents, and education to work at a company that has a strong history and is well known in the industry? Do you want to be part of a team that will inspire you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? If you said yes to these questions, then read on to learn more about Knight Piésold and the opportunities we have open.Why Join Knight Piésold?
- You will be joining a reputable, well established global consulting firm with 100 years of industry experience that specializes in Mining, Environmental, Hydropower and Water Resources.
- We believe in the One Team approach, with everyone working together toward achieving a shared goal. Our engineers develop their skills through working on diverse projects, our knowledge-sharing culture, career mentoring program and collaborating with top professionals in the industry.
- We offer unique opportunities to travel and take you on a career enhancing experience and adventure.
The Role:The Design Lead role will require a person with a technical background in geotechnical or civil design. Candidates with experience in design of tailings facilities and/or water dams would be preferred. As a design lead, the candidate would be responsible for working with senior engineers to develop design solutions and working with junior engineers to communicate project tasks and supervise work completion and quality.In their role as the Design Lead the successful candidate would be expected to work with senior engineers to:
- Develop geotechnical characterizations for mine waste and native foundation materials.
- Perform geotechnical analyses (slope stability, seepage analysis, settlement analysis) for earthen structures.
- Be familiar with hydrological and hydraulic design processes and integrate with water management engineering teams to provide inputs for design.
- Identify performance requirements for earthen structures and develop solutions to meet the project needs.
- Understand civil engineering requirements for earthen structures at existing and new development sites, including access roads, construction scheduling, water management and overall design integration.
- Prepare technical specifications and Drawings for designs.
- Prepare technical design reports.
- Communicate risk and design basis to clients and third-party review panels.
As a Project Lead, the candidate will have strong written and verbal communication skills in English (fluency is expected). Fluency in Spanish and other languages would be considered advantageous. The project lead role is expected to track overall project performance with respect to budget, schedule and deliverable quality. The project lead role would be expected to work with senior engineers, Project Assistants and the project team to:
- Develop project schedules and track project progress against the schedule.
- Monitor project costs against contracted budgets.
- Review project work regularly to confirm quality objectives are being met.
- Develop relationships with clients based on meeting technical expectations, delivering high quality service and excellent communication.
- Set expectations for project team members.
- Communicate project performance to senior engineers and the KP Management Team.
- Identify and communicate potential project issues with senior engineers and the KP Management Team.
An Ideal Candidate:The ideal candidate cares about the quality of their work and being a strong contributor to a team. A strong desire to learn and grow with a team is a must. Key requirements for the role are as follows:
- Strong working knowledge of, and experience in civil, geotechnical, water resources, environmental engineering and/or earthwork construction principles.
- Minimum of a Bachelors' degree (B.S.) in civil engineering, geotechnical or water resources and 4-10 years of experience in earthwork construction projects.
- Successful candidates must be able to read, analyze and interpret engineering reports, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. They must also be able to write technical reports and business correspondence. Competency in both written and spoken English required. Spanish would be an asset.
- Proficiency in MS Office. Knowledge of Civil 3D, GEO-Slope programs, GINT, HEC-RAS, and other latest geotechnical and hydrology/hydraulics analysis and design software would be an asset.
- Registration or eligibility, with the requisite experience, to be registered as a professional engineer in Arizona.
Work Environment:Work will be in both office and field environment with travel to various outdoor sites determined by project needs. Adherence to safety standards including those of the firm, MSHA, OSHA is mandatory. Compensation:In accordance with Colorado state law, the following annual compensation range is applicable for the job and Colorado location associated with this requisition: $82,000 – $120,000/year. Actual compensation may vary from posted hiring range based upon compensable factors, including experience, education, and skill level.Benefits:Because our employees are our most important asset, we created a benefit program to support you and your family now and into the future. Our benefits include: 401(k) / Roth 401(k) / Employer matching, Health insurance – including Prescription drugs, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Flexible spending account (health and dependent care reimbursement), Health Savings account (HSA), Short and long-term disability, Life insurance, Wellness and employee assistance programs, Flexible work schedule, Paid time off (Vacation, Sick, Holiday), Professional development assistance, Employee referral bonus, as well as a Discretionary annual bonus program. Knight Piésold provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, genetic information, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.EEO PolicyApplicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. If you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected] or please call us at 1-303-629-8788 between the hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm MST, Monday-Friday.