DLZ Corporation is a nationally recognized, award-winning, multidisciplinary firm that provides engineering and architectural design services, construction management, surveying, right-of-way acquisition and materials testing.
Our commitment to excellence, innovation, and community is why we remain one of the top design firms in the Midwest. This is achieved by focusing on meeting and exceeding our clients' expectations while providing an environment that allows our employees to be challenged and take their careers to the next level. DLZ Corporation has an exciting Structural Engineer / Transportation Engineer opportunity in Chicago, Illinois. Project focus is on Illinois Department of Transportation and other transportation infrastructure agencies. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform structural engineering, construction, and design assignments of a complex nature, requiring application of innovative methods or progressive techniques and advanced professional knowledge,
- Assigned a lead role in Structural / Transportation projects where complex, multi-faceted, and coordinated engineering work is required. Direct assigned personnel, meet cost, time, and quality control standards.
- Develop structural analysis and design calculations using governing codes and standards, engineering formulas and experience.
- Provide technical leadership on design team. Prepare engineering drawings and technical specifications for various types of projects including educational and corrections facilities, municipal offices, warehouse/maintenance structures, water and wastewater treatment plants, and storm drainage structures.
- Variety of structural systems include: structural steel, single-and multi-story structures; reinforced concrete structures, including framed construction, flat slabs and composite construction; shallow and deep foundations, including piles and caissons; and masonry and timber structures.
- Control and/or review all project forecasts, schedules, cost estimates and reports. Responsible for quality control over the complete project. Prepare proposals, estimate, and scope jobs, plan, and budget. Perform construction monitoring.
- Possess aptitude to act as a positive representative of the company and its core values.
- Perform all work in a safe and responsible manner, in accordance with the Health and Safety Plan.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering with Structural Engineering concentration required, Master’s degree preferred
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) and/or Registered Structural Engineer (SE) in the state of IL required
- 4 - 8 years of progressively responsible experience in structural engineering
- AutoCAD / Civil3D experience preferred
- MicroStation / OpenRoads experience a plus
- Working knowledge and application of Illinois DOT design standards benificial
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and practice proactive time-management.
- Ability to visit and safely traverse construction and project sites, complying with all applicable safety codes and requirements.
At DLZ we offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision and life insurance, medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) with an Employee Stock Ownership Program. We also offer an innovative wellness program including gym reimbursement! DLZ is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We recognize the importance in employing a diverse workforce and achieve this by making employment decisions based on business needs, merit, and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any other category protected by federal, state, and local laws. True innovation and success can only be achieved by respecting, empowering, and leveraging the unique perspectives, skills, and experiences of each person as an individual. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply!#LI-DM1