Job available in these locations:
San Diego, CA, United StatesBoston, MA, United StatesCosta Mesa, CA, United StatesManchester, NH, United StatesOakland, CA, United StatesPortland, ME, United StatesSan Jose, CA, United StatesWalnut Creek, CA, United StatesNew York City, NY, United StatesSeattle, WA, United StatesPortland, OR, United StatesSenior Resilience Consultant - National
Haley & Aldrich is a 900+ personal national engineering and environmental consulting firm with creative, technically strong staff who want to work in a collaborative environment to deliver exceptional value to our clients. We look for professionals with a passion for solving even the most complex client problems. This problem-solving ability and opportunity to be a change agent is a vital part of our culture, no matter what level or role a staff member holds.We are looking to add new talent to our expanding in-house resilience team! We are currently seeking a Senior Resilience Consultant to work in a technical support role with highly skilled professionals on diverse projects in a dynamic environment. This position would support existing and upcoming resilience projects for large corporate, developer, and public agency clients and include portfolio-wide climate resilience planning, seismic resilience planning, adaptation strategy development and design, transportation planning, asset risk management, disaster response planning, building, infrastructure, and campus multi-hazard and vulnerability assessments. Our various projects are at the forefront of this developing market and we often develop scope and grant application with clients to meet their climate adaptation and resilience needs. Project needs are varied. In addition to project work, the position would support proposal and market development and client outreach.DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will:
- Lead multidisciplinary teams consisting of planners, scientists, and engineers among others on projects that include multi-hazard climate assessment requirements, seismic hazards, coastal studies, hydrology and hydraulics, flood risk management, and coastal restoration on a range of technical deliverables including risk and vulnerability assessments, gray and nature-based solution development and evaluation, and implementation planning.
- Have a firm grasp on the complex systems at play in an organization, jurisdiction, and/or ecosystem including having a deep understanding of human, environmental, financial, and operational systems and the interplay between them will be helpful in projecting future scenarios for which to plan.
- Lead the development of proposals in response to public and private requests.
- Manage projects and tasks in support of development of climate action and resilience plans at a range of scales, from facility-level risk mitigation projects to regional resiliency action plans and national portfolio planning
- Provide other research and writing tasks as necessary to support a wide range of mitigation and sustainability and resilience planning tasks and overall plan development.
- Coordinate with clients and internal staff to identify critical planning issues.
- Coordinate with local, state, and federal agencies to gain consensus and approvals for work in jurisdictional areas and on designated facilities.
- Help to build partnerships, consensus, and strategies toward the implementation of key programs, policies, and projects.
- Support public outreach and engagement initiatives.
- Prepare and deliver presentations.
- Execute project and task management including facilitating project team meetings, tracking progress and budgets, and managing schedule requirements.
- Assisting with business development opportunities and general growth of Haley & Aldrich’s climate change, sustainability, and resilience services.
- Participate in client and project development track opportunities, identify client needs, and assist with proposals and marketing materials.
- Oversee junior staff on tasks and deliverables including mentorship and team building.
- Build and maintain trusted client relationships.
- Must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, environmental policy, planning, geotechnical, civil or environmental engineering, geology, oceanography environmental science, or a degree related to resilience studies.
- Must have 8+ years of experience with climate resilience planning, climate adaptation planning or engineering adaptation solutions with proven success managing projects
- Must have a solid understanding of the evolving climate change science, impacts, national data sources and tools.
- Experience applying and interpreting national level and local climate change hazards risk maps and models.
- Experience with applying equity and environmental justice principles, a plus.
- Must have success in leading the strategy and development of resilience proposals.
- Essential skills include critical thinking, complex problem-solving, judgment and decision-making, oral and written communication, systems analysis, and active listening.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, organizational skills and ability to think strategically.
- Facilitation, consensus-building, and conflict management skills also a benefit.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be proficient at writing diverse technical reports, presentations, and proposals to meet scope and quality objectives and client expectations.
- Ability to work with a team consisting of several technical disciplines.
- Effective skills in quality control, planning, cost estimating, scheduling, people management, and communication are essential elements that will need to be developed to succeed in this role.
- Strong computer literacy skills including proficiency in industry standard software.
About Haley & AldrichHaley & Aldrich, Inc. is committed to delivering the value our clients need from their capital, operations, and environmental projects. Our one-team approach allows us to draw from our 900 engineers, scientists, and constructors in more than 35 offices for creative collaboration and expert perspectives. Since our founding in 1957, we have had one goal in all we do: deliver long-term value efficiently, no matter how straightforward or complex the challenge. Visit haleyaldrich.com.Haley & Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, veteran or any other legally protected status. We offer excellent career growth, a highly competitive total compensation plan and a solid benefits package and you can find a detailed list of all our benefits here. Interested candidates should apply online on our Careers page.In accordance with California, Washington and New York City Equal Pay Transparency laws, the salary range for this role in CA, WA and NYC is $75,000 - $150,000.#LI-JL1