As a Senior Geotechnical Engineer, you will play a key role in managing exciting and technically challenging projects. Responsibilities include planning field programs, conducting technical briefings with field staff, and project management tasks including budgeting and client communications. You will also be responsible for performing engineering analyses and preparing technical reports, as well as conducting regular site visits, overseeing field explorations and construction observations. As a project manager, you will be responsible for mentoring and overseeing the work of junior staff.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads all project management tasks such as developing budgets and scopes, client billings, field report reviews, contract reviews, and proposal development. Partners with Principals and Associates to ensure effective execution of multiple projects.
- Serves as a technical resource for clients and project staff; provides guidance and expertise to solve complex challenges.
- Develops complete and accurate field reports, figures, tables, etc., that require minimal edits or revisions.
- Reviews deliverables from staff and mid-level employees such as field reports, calculations, analyses, etc. Mentors junior staff relative to technical skills, consulting best practices, etc.
- Leads business-development activities such as identifying potential new clients, attending conferences or professional association meetings, etc.
- Leads and/or coordinates the development and implementation of field exploration programs and construction projects. Ensures that work performed is consistent with project plans and specifications and in accordance with safety guidelines.
- Completes engineering analyses and calculations. Develops complex conceptual models (i.e. numerical modeling, hydraulic/hydrologic modeling, etc.)
- Completes complex spatial analyses (e.g. contours, clipping, buffering).
- Develops project deliverables related to GIS data such as maps, database organizations, etc.
- BS degree in Civil Engineering required; MS degree in Geotechnical or Geological Engineering strongly preferred
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience required
- Minimum 4 years of project management experience
- PE license required
- Professional-level verbal and written communication skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be able to engage in site visits which can include repetitious lifting of loads up to 40 pounds in weight and hiking over strenuous terrain in varying weather conditions
- Must also be able to travel locally and long distances to service clients, perform business development activities and visit various GeoEngineers offices as necessary
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- All employees are subject to completing a background check, reference check, and pre-employment physicals and drug/alcohol testing.
- Ability to perform a wide range of physical activities and do heavy work including exerting up to 50 pounds of force on occasion.
- Able to perform consistent work on a PC.
- Ability to travel for short-term and long-term assignments as needed.
- All employees are responsible for conducting their work in a safe manner. This includes identifying potential safety hazards and reporting them to the designated project manager in a timely manner and participating in project safety briefings. This also includes wearing appropriate safety equipment when working in the field and completing all required health & safety training prior to beginning field work.
Our best estimate of the salary range for this position, located in Lake Oswego OR, is $103,054 – $132,403. Compensation offered will be based on a variety of individual factors, including education and experience, as well as internal equity. GeoEngineers’ salary ranges are reviewed and updated each year and employees are eligible for pay increases based on individual performance. As part of our competitive total rewards package, employees in this role may also be eligible for our annual year-end bonus offering, subject to program eligibility requirements.At GeoEngineers, investing in our people is a top priority. In addition to competitive and equitable pay, we are proud to offer a wide range of benefits to support employees and their families, including healthcare (with travel benefit for care not locally available), 401(k) with company match, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid vacation and sick time and paid holidays, among others. View our full listing of benefits here.Our Commitment to Belonging at GeoEngineersWhen people feel they can bring their whole selves to work, that they have a voice and are supported and respected, it creates trust and a feeling of belonging— employees then flourish, grow their careers, and do the best work of their lives. A culture of belonging allows our employees to thrive and our company to prosper. This is a journey, and we are committed to doing the work, learning and evolving as we go.GeoEngineers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.GeoEngineers is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment, please contact Human Resources at [email protected] or by phone at (425) 861-6000. We will then make a determination regarding your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.We welcome and encourage individuals from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for openings on our team. We would love for you to join us!We care about your privacy. Read GeoEngineers’ Privacy Notice for details on our personal data policies.