Structural Engineer – Water InfrastructureWhy join us?We are Hiring! Be an integral part of our growing team driving innovation and technological excellence to our clients across the US. The Structural Engineer is a key role to further develop our industry leading Water Infrastructure team. This position is based out of our Henderson, NV or Exton, PA, offices with projects and prospects in region that will help develop an exciting career. The Engineer will report to the Manager of Structural Engineering in the Exton, PA office.About UsAtkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.Atkins is looking for a structural engineer to work on fast-paced technically complex design/build projects in the wastewater, and manufacturing industries. The incumbent independently applies advanced engineering techniques, makes decisions on engineering problems and methods, and represents the organization to resolve important questions or negotiate with key engineers and officials in other organizations.How will you contribute to the team?Typical duties and essential functions will include but not be limited to the preparation, design, modification, coordination, and/or review of the following:
- Prepare calculations determining building dead, live, hydraulic, wind, and seismic loads.
- Prepare construction specifications.
- Determine member stresses and sizes using structural analysis programs and backcheck results using manual calculations.
- Design concrete walls, foundations, and slabs for buildings, tanks, and miscellaneous structures.
- Design foundations and steel frames for pipe racks, stairs, equipment platforms, etc.
- Generate engineering drawings.
- Coordinate requirements of structural systems with the architect, HVAC engineers, plumbing engineers, electrical engineers, and process engineers.
- Provide technical support during construction for all activities by responding to RFI’s and reviewing shop drawings.
- Provide technical guidance to designers and less experienced engineers.
- Execute projects varying in size with a focus on projects of larger scope and/or higher technical complexity.
- Ensure the quality of design documents.
- Reinforce an atmosphere of safety and a commitment to design excellence.
- Work directly with clients to define project requirements and deliver appropriate solutions to meet the stated needs based on a defined budget and schedule. This work is done in conjunction with structural engineering team members, and members of other disciplines.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering with an emphasis on structural engineering.
- 7+ years of experience in structural design.
- 3+ years of experience in wastewater treatment facility design.
- Design Experience with ACI 350 & ACI 350.3 Experience with manufacturing projects is a required.
- Experience with retrofit projects is preferred.
- RISA, STAAD.Pro or Tekla Tedds software experience is a plus.
- Revit experience is preferred AutoCAD experience is a plus.
- A Professional Engineer License is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills allowing for effective communication in multidisciplinary project teams involving representatives from the client, various departments/offices within SNC-Lavalin, and other consultants and contractors.
- Results-oriented, with good organizational skills, attention to detail, and the capability of efficiently working simultaneously on multiple projects.
- Positive perspective with the ability to engender a team attitude amongst colleagues and clients.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies