Bridge EngineerWhy join us?We are hiring! Atkins is looking for a Bridge Engineer to work on a variety of structural engineering across the US from our hub office in Tampa, FL. The successful candidate for this role can expect to work on the following types of projects:
- CFX SR 414 Expressway, which is a estimated $365 million 54-span elevated viaduct in Maitland, FL. The piers will utilized psuedo match-cast overhang wings post-tensioned to a cast-in-place column. The maximum span is 300' and the structures is over 9000' long.
- Broad Causeway Drawbridge Replacement, which is a $180 million high-level fixed water crossing over the Intercostal Waterway near Miami, FL. Atkins was selected for Planning, Concept Design, Final Design, CEI, and Post-Design services. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sccjzTf7BR3c7vH2ZuLrNfTOYJHQHT1m/view
- RSW Fort Myers Airport Expansion is a $500 million project with a new Airside Terminal and Landside Terminal, including a widening the 4-lanes Arrival/Departure double-decker roadway to an 8-lanes facility. https://www.airport-technology.com/news/snc-lavalin-rsw-airport/
- I-70 FLOYD HILL - If you have ever skied the slopes west of Denver, you likely know the dangerous stretch of Interstate known as Floyd Hill. Our team will design approximately 6 miles to flatten the curves, reduce steep grade, and add lanes. Atkins was selected for this $560 million CMGC with segmental concrete bridges. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CQOOe5W_FLA
- Major Pursuits with Category 2 Structures: Selmon South Design Build THEA ($205 million). District 4 Southwest 10th Street Design-Build ($70 million), and other large-scale infrastructure projects around the country.
About Us:Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.How will you contribute to the team?
- Serves as technical consultant, solving major technical problems, developing engineering standards and guides, and determining program objectives and requirements.
- Analyzes projects and makes cost-effective design recommendations, monitors design approaches and makes final design decisions.
- Provides consultation and advice throughout the company on matters within area of expertise.
- Monitors budget conformance.
- Actively serves in quality control capacity.
- Markets company services.
- Conducts technical training workshops and serves as mentor to less experienced engineers and other technical professionals.
- May function as the project manager for routine to semi-complex projects. Responsibilities may include marketing, negotiating contracts, budgeting, financial management, schedule coordination and resources allocation.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
What will you contribute?
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering. M.S. or graduate level technical coursework preferred. This level may be achieved by Engineers with fifteen years experience since Bachelor's or fourteen years since Master's. Typical incumbent has 20+ years of experience.
- PE Required
- FDOT experience is a plus.
- Strong persuasive ability, technical writing and communications skills are expected at this level, proven through technical presentations, technical papers and/or participation in technical committees. May be eligible for project management training.
What we offer at Atkins:At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:https://careers.snclavalin.com/equal-opportunities-statementAtkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice. Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies