Job DetailsDivision: Nucor Building Systems South CarolinaLocation: Columbia, SC, United States Other Available Locations: N/A
Basic Job Functions:
Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.Nucor Buildings Group SC is seeking a talented individual that can assist the company in sales and profit by designing safe, accurate, and cost effective low-rise metal building systems. These structures include airplane hangars, churches, gymnasiums, industrial buildings, and more. This individual will also have the opportunity to assist in project meetings, estimating, special project work and research and development as necessary. Nucor Buildings Group is seeking someone that is able to work with all departments, production, and outside sales as an integral part of the NBG team.As Design Engineer, you will be responsible for designing all parts of the metal building system, including structural steel, wall and roof panel, secondary members, and stability bracing. This will include: • Frame, secondary, bracing, crane, mezzanine and panel analysis using our proprietary software• Assisting in division sales and profits by designing safe and economical structures• Load determination per applicable codes
• Actively managing projects through effective communication with customers and other departments
• Reviewing and checking structural drawings• Occasional travel to project meetings• Developing safe, creative, and economical design solutions to complex engineering problems
• Working with others to continue to grow as an engineer
1. Currently have or will obtain a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering prior to starting work at Nucor Buildings Group SC.
2. Successfully completed the Fundamentals of Engineering exam (or awaiting results from recent testing) prior to starting work at Nucor Buildings Group SC.
3. Effective communication using both verbal and written skills.4. Authorization to work in the United States without employer sponsorship
1. Degree emphasis in structures2. Effective written and verbal communication skills for internal and external interaction
Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vets – and a drug – free workplace