About UsAt HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch Our Story:' https://www.hdrinc.com/our-story'
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
Primary Responsibilities HDR is looking for a Structural Engineering EIT candidate to join our Building Engineering Services Business Group in Walnut Creek or Folsom, CA. This position includes engineering tasks with varying levels of complexity, which are assigned by a Project Engineer or Project Manager. The EIT may work independently on small tasks and may assist senior engineers on larger, more complex projects. The structural design projects this individual will support include a variety of market sectors: Technology, Corporate/Commercial, Education, Healthcare, Water/Wastewater, Municipal, Industrial, Power, and Federal. As a Structural EIT your responsibilities will include:
- Performing detailed structural design, analysis, engineering calculations, and developing construction documents for a variety of structures under the responsibility of a Professional Engineer.
- Writing/Editing structural specifications and reports.
- Verifying code compliance, quality checks, meeting project schedules and budget.
- Working independently on small projects and assisting senior engineers on larger projects.
- Performing small tasks in AutoCAD and/or Revit.
- Using finite element analysis software (i.e. RAM, ETABS, and SAP2000), hand calculations, and current codes and standards to perform your work.
- Participating in project site visits in conjunction with the Project Manager, Sr. Structural Engineer, and other disciplines.
- Some travel may be required
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering with Structural emphasis, from ABET accredited university, and interest in continuing education.
- California EIT certification strongly preferred. Candidates hired without their EIT will have the title of Structural Designer and will be expected to obtain their EIT for career progression
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and structural analysis software such as RISA, RAM, and SAP2000.
- Understanding of the finite element method and how to perform basic FEA.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment and possess analytical and organizational skills to support multiple projects at one time.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to coordinate work with other disciplines and CAD/BIM designers either in person or virtually.
- Additional skills such as attention to accuracy, detail orientated, self-directed learning, meeting deadlines, and multi-tasking are required.
- Ability to travel
- An attitude and commitment to be an active participant in our employee-owned culture.
- Master of Science (MS) Degree in Structural Engineering or Structural emphasis
- 3.5+ GPA
- Previous structural design experience (internship or full-time work experience) is a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of how software packages related to structural engineering work
- The willingness to try new things and be forward thinking, innovative.
- Familiarity with CADD software such as AutoCAD, Revit or Microstation.
- Local candidates preferred
Why HDRAt HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way. We provide a comprehensive benefits package that promotes employee ownership, employee health, performance, and success, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, an employee assistance program, paid time off, parental leave, paid holidays, 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match, employee referral bonuses and tuition reimbursement. The expected compensation range for this position is $69,284.00 - $106,519.00 annually depending upon skills, experience, education and geographical location.
: United States-California-Walnut Creek
: United States-California-Folsom
: Building Engineering
: RegularBusinessClass: Building Structural
: May 15, 2023