Tectonic is actively seeking a Assistant Resident Engineers with either Traffic Coordinator or Civil, Structural, MEP & Utilities experience for an immediate project based in Queens, NY. This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package, and opportunities to work on challenging and exciting projects. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Assists in managing engineering services on large scale construction management and engineering projects; will oversee and manage work in accordance with Port Authority standards and in coordination with JFK facility operations;
- Assists with supervising, coordinating, and tracking all field site activities and provides technical advice on construction and design; executes corrective action using engineering design on projects to resolve issues;
- Responds to requests for information from contractors by interpreting plans and specifications by utilizing advanced knowledge of engineering and experience; documents contractor performance;
- Regularly reviews engineering design, plans, reviews and approves contract submittals and payment applications to contractors;
- Leads on-site engineers and inspectors to effectively observe work in progress in accordance with project requirements and to ensure that project records are properly maintained;
- Monitors the progress of the project in accordance with contract cost and schedule, including project timelines and specifications, and holds progress meetings as required;
- Ensures all project documentation is completed and submitted as required, and completes necessary project close-out processes;
- Implements and follows Company and project safety protocol;
- All related duties as required to ensure the successful completion of assigned projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture or similar;
- Valid NY Professional Engineering License preferred;
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience working on progressively more difficult projects and construction management/engineering roles, preferably with PANYNJ, or similar;
- Ability to understand and interpret written specifications, plans, and construction documents for work orders and build documents;
- Ability to effectively and tactfully communicate with clients, supervisors, and inspectors regarding specifications and qualification test results;
- Detail-oriented, with capability to detect non-conformities during testing procedures and complete detailed reports within a timely manner;
- A valid, clean driver’s license and personal vehicle to travel to job sites is preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS While performing the essential functions of this position, it is frequently necessary to:
- Assume a stationary position;
- Handle, inspect, and/or feel documents, materials and/or equipment relevant to the job;
- Communicate with colleagues, supervisors, and clients using Company email and telephone systems;
- Move around on the job-site, including ascending or descending on the landscape or on a ladder, and positioning oneself appropriately to access necessary testing materials and equipment, usually for prolonged periods of time,
- Lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. for some types of monitoring and inspections,
- Good visual skills, including focused depth perception, and
- Regular daily operations of a motor-vehicle or use of public transportation, which may require remaining stationary for extended periods of time.
Employees may also be required to undergo substance abuse testing in accordance with project requirements, US DOT Regulations, and/or Company policy. The employee may occasionally be required to operate a computer, as well as other related office machinery, such as calculators, printers, and copy machines. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. COMPETITIVE SALARY AND BENEFITS PACKAGE In addition to providing competitive salaries, Tectonic offers a wide range of benefit options, including:
- Comprehensive group medical insurance, including health, dental, vision and life
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, including vacation, sick and personal
- Company–observed paid holidays
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for medical expenses and dependent care
- Commuter benefit plan for public transportation costs
- 401K retirement and profit sharing plan.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and highly encourage resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or any other protected class. Tectonic participates in the USCIS E-Verify Program to verify that all new hires are authorized to work in the United States.
Pay Range: $150,000 - $180,000 per year