If you're passionate about the design and function of the built environment, find beauty in and want to protect the natural environment, and want to work with others that feel the same, join our team! LaBella’s multi-disciplinary team of architects, designers, engineers, managers, and environmental scientists work every day to make our world more functional, beautiful, and safe.
LaBella is an employee-owned firm with annual accolades for workplace culture, growth, ethics, and philanthropy. We cultivate each employee’s growth, expand our expertise, and bring out the best in every client project.
LaBella is currently hiring a Senior Structural Engineer in our Chattanooga, TN office. The Structures Discipline provides structural engineering services with emphasis on new design, repair and rehabilitation of constructed works, and investigation and performance evaluation. The ideal candidate must be able to work independently as well as part of multi-discipline teams. We are looking for a self-motivated individual with leadership potential.
Description of Duties
- Senior Engineer who can work independently or lead a team of structural engineers, designers and/or a draftsperson in production of structural construction documents including drawings and specifications for a wide variety of projects from small renovations to large and complex new construction.
- Provide construction phase services such as reviewing shop drawing and submittals, responding to RFI’s and conducting site visits to observe completed work for general conformance with project requirements.
- Provide assessments and forensic or feasibility studies for existing structures to be improved, purchased or that have been damaged.
- Work closely with clients to develop cost effective structural systems design including providing concept options and system pros and cons for informed decision making.
- Work closely with other engineering and architectural disciplines.
- Develops efficient structural system design as well as performing calculations and coordination with other disciplines.
- Maintains and manages budgets for projects including hours and resources.
- Mentors Structural Designers and Junior Engineers including calculation and document reviews.
- Develops and maintains client relationships.
- 8 to15 years of experience working at a consulting engineering firm.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- BS in Civil Engineering is required.
- Tennessee State PE license is required.
- Revit experience is a plus
- Project history using computer analysis software experience is essential.
The specific salary offered may be influenced by a variety of factors including but not limited to the candidate's relevant experience, education, and work location.Benefits
Body, mind, and wallet—LaBella’s benefits support a holistic approach to your health and wellness, creating the foundation for physical, mental, and financial well-being. Our benefit offerings cover the must-haves (healthcare and retirement), the just-in-cases (insurances and employee assistance programs), and the cherry-on-tops (fitness reimbursements, year-end incentive pay, and tuition assistance). Visit our website for more details on benefits listed below.
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Health/Dental Insurance
- 401k Plan with Employer Match
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off
- Leadership Development Program
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Referral Bonus Program
- Wellness Program
- Team Building Events
- Community Service Events
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
LaBella is committed to facilitating a culture where diversity, equity, and inclusion are respected, valued, and celebrated by implementing thoughtful, practical, and innovative strategies that support our employees and serve the communities in which we reside. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.
LaBella Associates does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiting professionals or agencies, nor do we accept resumes from any source that does not reference a specific, open position. LaBella Associates will not be responsible for any fees arising from the use of resume submitted by recruiting professionals or agencies that do not have a current placement fee agreement with LaBella Associates. All initial communication with recruiting professionals or agencies must go through human resources.