Job TypeFull-timeDescriptionBarry Isett & Associates (Isett) is a well-respected multi-discipline engineering/consulting firm headquartered in Allentown, PA, with additional offices throughout eastern and central PA. We are proud to have been named a Best Places to Work in PA since 2019 and a Morning Call Top Workplace annually since 2013, Corporate Citizen of the Year (by the Lehigh Valley Business Journal) and recipient of the Societas Award for Responsible Corporate Conduct (for Ethics).
Isett provides civil/land development, structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, geotechnical, environmental, and municipal engineering, surveying, landscape architecture, code enforcement, plan review, construction management, construction materials testing, and grant writing services to clients in Pennsylvania and beyond.
Our busy Structural Engineering department has an opportunity for a junior Staff Engineer/Designer in our Capital Region (Mechanicsburg, PA) office. Our engineers work on various project types, including public and private educational facilities; commercial office buildings; industrial buildings; residential projects; and institutional facilities.
We are committed to developing long-term client relationships from project inception to completion, so this position provides a broad work environment. Because engineers are involved in several projects at one time, involving several team members, we need good communicators who can multi-task and work well with others.The ideal candidate is someone with some technical design experience who can perform basic design and analysis tasks.
- Serve in a supporting role in the Structural Engineering department and be involved in diverse project types, including public and private educational facilities; commercial office buildings; industrial buildings; and residential projects.
- Complete the structural analysis and design of steel, concrete, masonry, and timber, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of construction documents.
- Attend client meetings with project engineer.
- Interface with clients and project managers to set the scope, budget, and timeline for projects, as directed.
- Establish and maintain long-term partnerships with new and existing clients, as directed.
- B.S. in Civil, Architectural, or related engineering degree.
- Some experience in a design/consulting environment through an internship is highly desirable.
- Has passed the Fundamentals of Engineering exam (FE)
- Knowledge of REVIT and/or BIM software preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and balance multiple project assignments concurrently.
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal and external business associates.
- Current, valid driver’s license.
- Ability to obtain PA Act 34, 114, and 151 clearances.
- Physical ability to maneuver around job sites that may be under construction.
Working at IsettIsett offers a collaborative, team-based work environment with great potential for personal and professional growth. Our comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, 401k/Roth, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, vacation/holiday/sick pay, supplemental insurances, tuition reimbursement, and flexible working schedules in a professional, yet relaxed environment. Isett is an EOE.