Our employee-owned and multi-disciplined team has an opportunity available for a Structural Engineering Designer / Specialist who has extensive experience modeling and designing a variety of facilities and structures.
As a member of our Facilities Engineering Structural team, you will collaborate with a multi-disciplined team of engineering and architecture professionals to prepare detailed drawings using AutoCAD and Revit for a variety of education, government, industrial, and mining facilities throughout Minnesota and across the country. You will be engaged in the full life cycle of projects by creating base files, preparing construction documents, and picking up redline drafting made by other team members. In addition, you will assist with structural system layout, multi-discipline coordination, and clash detection reviews. On occasion, you may assist with field verifications of existing facilities.
For this opportunity, we are seeking experienced professionals to join our team from our Saint Paul, Duluth, or Downers Grove location. Flexible work arrangements will be strongly considered for self-starter and self-sufficient professionals who have demonstrated their ability to work successfully in a remote work environment.
- Associate degree in Architectural Technology, Engineering Technology, or related field of study.
- Ten or more years of progressive structural drafting and modeling experience.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Revit to produce construction documents, graphic presentations, and 3D renderings.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Strong working knowledge of building systems, construction methods / practices, the preparation and assembly of construction documentation, and interpretation of construction plans.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural, mechanical, and electrical plans and models to assist with project coordination.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to apply effective verbal and written communication skills when participating in project team discussions.
- Ability to travel as needed to conduct site assessments / field verifications and perform construction observation tasks; Occasional overnight travel up to 15% may be required.
- Familiarity with Bluebeam Revu software.
- Previous experience conducting building surveys and field verifications.
- Previous experience working within a professional service or consulting environment.
- Previous experience drafting and modeling structures within the education, government, or industrial sectors.
Upon acceptance of a conditional offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to complete a standard pre-employment background screening, which consists of Social Security verification, educational verification, review of criminal convictions, and driving history.
*Notice to Recruiters and Placement Agencies*TKDA will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or placement agencies unless a service agreement is in place. In the event TKDA receives an unsolicited resume without a service agreement in place, TKDA will not be obligated to pay a service fee of any amount nor will TKDA be held liable to terms or conditions under any agreement of any kind that has not been authorized in writing by a TKDA officer.