At McLaren Engineering, we believe it is the optimal mix of talent, experience, passion and creativity that sets an engineering firm apart from its competition. The successes experienced by our Clients through their projects have proven that we can bring any thought, vision or daydream to fruition. There are no limitations, no boundaries, to the engineering challenges McLaren can meet.Salary Range: $106,000-$180,000POSITION TITLEAssociate or Sr. Associate – Technical LOCATIONHybrid - Remote/New York City, NY OVERVIEWReporting to a divisional Vice President, an Associate or Sr. Associate on the project management track applies a thorough knowledge of current principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields. The Associate or Sr. Associate is responsible for supporting the Vice President on all project work performed by the local group, utilizing knowledge and expertise acquired through progressive experience to resolve crucial issues and/or unique conditions and the oversight of financial performance. The Associate or Sr. Associate is also responsible for implementing progressive services and business strategies in order to develop and increase our client base through strong client relationships. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as a technical advisor for the division in the application of advanced concepts, principles, and methods in an assigned area.
- Keeps informed of new developments and requirements in building codes, design standards and analysis methods affecting the division for the purpose of recommending changes.
- Interprets, organizes, executes, and coordinates assignments.
- Supervises and mentors a staff of engineers and technicians.
- Plans, schedules and coordinates the preparation of documents or activities for multiple major projects.
- Reviews project deliverables to ensure compliance with company and industry technical standards through QA/QC reviews.
- Plans and coordinates detailed aspects of the engineering work.
- Assists with proposals to provide professional services or obtain funding for engineering projects or programs.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining design standards for assigned practice area.
- Subject matter expertise in relevant technical area and expected to present on expertise.
- Support business development pursuits through attendance at client meetings, industry events and conferences.
- Initiates new and further develops existing client contacts in the local region.
- Coordinates inputs on requests for proposals and office-wide manpower with the Regional Director/Vice President.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited curriculum.
- Professional Engineer Registration required.
- Minimum of eight years of related experience.
- Excellent attention to detail and technical written and verbal communication skills; public speaking and presentation experience preferred.
- Able to thrive in a team focused environment and engage in creative, critical thought; takes initiative and can function at a high level on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) + matching
- Paid time off
- Summer Fridays
- Employee stock ownership plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development stipend
- Referral program
- Bonus pay
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)