At McLaren Engineering, we believe it is the optimal mix of talent, experience, passion and creativity that sets an engineering firm apart from its competition. The successes experienced by our Clients through their projects have proven that we can bring any thought, vision or daydream to fruition. There are no limitations, no boundaries, to the engineering challenges McLaren can meet.
Salary Range: $135,000-$180,000
POSITION TITLEPrincipal – Structural Engineer
LOCATIONNew York City, NY OVERVIEWThis position reports to the Regional Director/Office Director and coordinates with the Technical Vice President. Principals are responsible for managing all aspects of a regional business unit, including preparing proposals, management of the staff, the project work performed by the group, the technical and professional mentorship of their staff, the allocation of manpower within the group, and the growth of the team. RESPONSIBILITIESBD/Marketing Responsibilities:
- Responsible for BD/Marketing of technical division in office.
- Assists Technical VP and Regional Director in developing new markets in local region.
- Assists Technical VP and Regional Director in expanding on existing markets in local region.
- Acts as market/division representative locally.
- Reviews/develops all proposals for technical division for projects managed by their office.
- Attends local marketing events.
Resource/Technical Management Responsibilities:
- Manages staff in their technical division.
- Supports PM’s on maintaining project schedule and budgets and acts as project executive to ensure clients’ expectations are being met.
- Responsible for schedule of projects managed in their office.
- Responsible for budgets of projects managed in their office.
- Responsible to ensure QA/QC process is occurring.
- Reports resource needs to Technical VP. Will then communicate with office director if Technical VP can’t provide them with requested needs.
- Performs employee reviews of their staff.
- Supports Technical Director in implementation of company standards.
- Assists in staff development and career planning.
- Responsible for project budgets.
- Assists in A/R collections.
- Reviews EI for office managed projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited curriculum; Master’s degree a preferred.
- Professional Engineer Registration preferred.
- Minimum of twelve years of related experience.
- Excellent attention to detail and technical written and verbal communication skills; public speaking and presentation experience strongly preferred.
- Able to thrive in a team focused environment and engage in creative, critical thought; takes initiative and can function at a high level on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Excellent people skills for mentoring, coaching and developing professionals.
- Experience as a technical leader of a staff of engineers.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) + matching
- Paid time off
- Summer Fridays
- Employee stock ownership plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development stipend
- Referral program
- Bonus pay
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)