At McLaren Engineering, we believe it is the optimal mix of talent, experience, passion, and creativity that sets an engineering firm apart from its competition. The successes experienced by our Clients through their projects have proven that we can bring any thought, vision or daydream to fruition. There are no limitations, no boundaries, to the engineering challenges McLaren can meet.
Salary Range: $106,000-$180,000POSITION TITLEAssociate or Sr. Associate Level – Technical
LOCATIONHybrid - NYC/RemoteOVERVIEWMcLaren is currently seeking a Full-Time Glazing Structural Engineer and/or Enclosure Consultant for our growing facades department. The types of projects include new building and restoration design of roofing and vertical building enclosures, building enclosure design consulting, including design and design reviews, specifications, design detailing, forensic investigation, building enclosure commissioning, and delegated design of facades and building enclosures. The applicant has the opportunity to assist in the growth of the division and develop their own team in support of these services.Reporting to a division Principal, an Associate or Sr. Associate on the technical track applies a thorough knowledge of current principles and practices in their areas of expertise. The Associate or Sr. Associate is responsible for supporting the Principal on all technical work performed by the group, utilizing knowledge and expertise acquired through progressive experience to resolve crucial issues and/or unique conditions and the oversight of financial performance. The Associate or Sr. Associate is also responsible for implementing progressive services and business strategies in order to develop and increase our client base through strong client relationships. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as a technical advisor for the facades department in the application of advanced concepts, principles, and methods.
- Provides building enclosure consulting services and assist project teams for completing building enclosure design reviews.
- Reviews fenestration, vertical facade, roofing, and waterproofing systems.
- Provides support in completion of condition assessments, on-site forensic investigations, and functional performance testing of building enclosure systems.
- Performs on-site construction observations.
- Keeps informed of new developments and requirements in building codes, design standards and analysis methods affecting the division for the purpose of recommending changes.
- Supervises and mentors a staff of engineers and technicians.
- Plans, schedules, and coordinates the preparation of construction documents or design/investigation activities for multiple major projects.
- Reviews project deliverables to ensure compliance with company and industry technical standards through QA/QC reviews.
- Assists with proposals to provide professional services or obtain funding for engineering projects or programs.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining design standards for assigned practice area.
- Subject matter expertise in relevant technical area and expected to present on expertise.
- Bachelor's and Master’s degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited curriculum.
- Professional Engineer or Architect Registration required.
- Minimum of eight years of related experience.
- Excellent attention to detail and technical written and verbal communication skills; public speaking and presentation experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of statics, strength of materials, and thermal analysis
- Knowledge in design and construction of exterior building components including fenestration, facade, roofing, and waterproofing materials.
- Knowledge of glass products and glass processing
- Knowledge and experience with REVIT, AutoCAD, LBNL Therm, LBNL Window, Mepla, and/or Dlubal RFEM.
- Knowledge of masonry, stone, FRP, GFRC, terracotta, and other enclosure systems a plus.
- Able to thrive in a team focused environment and engage in creative, critical thought; takes initiative and can function at a high level on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) + matching
- Paid time off
- Summer Fridays
- Employee stock ownership plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development stipend
- Referral program
- Bonus pay
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)