Take Your Design Career to the Next LevelAre you ready to be challenged, make a difference, and experience professional growth in your career? Kleinfelder's Design team is looking for you! From bridge and structural engineering to civil, electrical, mechanical, and process engineering, Kleinfelder's collaborative Design Services create synergy across multiple disciplines. Step into Your New RoleKleinfelder's Denver, CO Design Team is hiring a Structural Engineer to join our team! Job Description & Responsibilities. The ideal candidate will be proficient in oral and written communication and will be results-driven, with a positive and problem-solving attitude. The candidate will communicate effectively across disciplines and across cultures. Key responsibilities include:
- Priority-focused organization.
- People skills.
- Troubleshoot and problem-solve with practical, client-focused solutions.
- Build lasting relationships with material suppliers, consultants, owners, and engineering procurement contractors (EPCs).
- Prepare scopes of work following accepted standard operating procedures.
- Interface with civil designers developing practical, fit-for-purpose geostructural solutions.
- Technical foundation design and detailing
- Experience with structural steel design and detailing for non-building structures including solar photovoltaic arrays and related ancillary equipment.
- Experience with construction shoring design, including sheet piling and trench boxes.
- Familiarity with design codes and standards including ASCE, IBC, AISC, and ACI
- Prepare design calculation reports, engineering letters and other technical reports.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD.
- Prepare geotechnical investigation programs with pile testing.
- Prepare site-specific wind studies.
- Prepare corrosion studies.
- Manage scaled driven foundation load tests.
- Experience with buried steel corrosion mitigation.
- Proficiency with Bluebeam Revu, MS Word and MS Excel.
- Proficiency with LPILE, MathCAD and structural analysis/design programs such as RISA 3D and Tekla Tedds. Has ability to offer programming skills to support the development and/or update the development of engineering design calculator tools.
- Ability and willingness to train and mentor other engineers.
- PE license required, with ability to procure multi-state licensure (NCEES Council Record).
- Bachelor's degree in engineering
- Experience in Structural Engineering, with a fundamental knowledge of Geotechnical Engineering principles preferred. Knowledge of the renewable energy industry strongly preferred.
- 5-10 years of related experience
Move Forward with KleinfelderKleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 85 offices in the US, Canada, and Australia. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver. Progress with an Employer that Values YouKleinfelder is an inclusive organization free from discrimination. We are a stronger organization when we are a diverse workforce and believe that through diversity, equity, and inclusion comes creativity, innovation, and unity. We are proud to offer the following: Benefits: Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays. The expected salary range for the position is displayed in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience. Salary range: 68,216- 113,714 Career Development: We are committed to investing in the professional development of our staff, offering each employee every opportunity to grow, develop, and take control of their career paths. We support these efforts through reimbursements for continuing education as well as many of the expenses associated with trainings and certifications, and opportunities for career development through our internal Mentoring Program. Equal Opportunity: Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules) NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.