We are excited to share once again TranSystems has been recognized as a top 100 design firm by Engineering News-Record in 2022. For more than 50 years, TranSystems has committed to a mission of performing engineering and architectural planning, design, and construction solution services in a manner that is both safe and in compliance with all applicable regulatory and client requirements. At TranSystems, we have established and continue to nurture a culture that is committed to providing quality services for our clients. We’re looking for top talent to grow with our firm.
What you'll be challenged to do:Entry level developmental position involved in the application of engineering fundamentals to the design or construction of freight railroad; passenger rail and transit; states and municipalities; airports and air carriers; manufacturers and distributors; ports and maritime; trucking and automotive; energy and communication; and federal government projects. The Entry position in particular will support the traffic and ITS analysis and design of projects. General Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists others in analyzing information and data to perform routine design tasks.
- May be asked to participate in non-design engineering activities such as construction inspection and materials testing, surveying, CADD production, and field data collection.
- Receives instructions from Project Manager or Senior Project Engineers as to the general results expected.
- Research design options and document findings for Senior Project Engineer.
- Maintains project database by writing computer programs; entering and backing up data.
- Researches code requirements.
- Prepares environmental impact and other administrative reports required for project permits.
- Keeps Senior Project Manager informed of workload and any changes in project schedule or scope or additional services.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Assist or participate in preparation of business proposals.
- Attend Project Manager training to begin to develop project management skills.
What you bring to our firm:
- Bachelor’s degree in the engineering field (i.e. Mechanical, Civil, Structural, Electrical).
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Seeks opportunity to develop ability to speak effectively before small groups of customers or employees of organization concerning project aspects they were involved with.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Encouraged to try to identify and solve engineering problems using judgment, and education, but is expected to ask for assistance when needed.
- Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office, and various engineering software systems depending on engineering discipline: AutoCAD; MicroStation/GeoPak; In Roads, Land Desktop, and Civil 3D.
- Actively engages multiple perspectives when solving problems, seeks to learn from peers, and encourages reciprocal learning among team members.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative, of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What we’d prefer for you to bring to our firm:
- Surveying and construction inspection or management experience is helpful, but not required
- Completion of the Engineering-in-Training exam is strongly encouraged.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, depending on field assignments.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, however, construction and field assignments can be severe (i.e. Airport noise, inside factories, construction equipment, jack hammers, etc).
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, depending on field assignments.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hand and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone keyboard. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, talk or hear, and drive a car. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in California, Colorado, or NY City, TranSystems is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of California and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; internal peer equity; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At TranSystems, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $70,000 - $85,000 annually. TranSystems is proud to be an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer and ensures nondiscrimination and equal employment opportunity in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, disability, protected Veteran status or any other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). As the employer of choice, we are committed to action and strive for a company that reflects the vast diversity of our country and the communities we serve. TranSystems is committed to embracing diversity in all forms, including race, culture, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, thought and religious background. We acknowledge the impacts of prejudice and discrimination on historically underserved communities. We commit to establishing a more diverse, inclusive and positive work environment that drives innovation. Recruiters or staffing agencies: TranSystems is not obligated to compensate any external recruiter or search firm who presents a candidate, their resume, or profile to a TranSystems employee without 1) a current, fully-executed agreement on file and 2) being assigned to the open position (as a search) via our applicant tracking solution.