Job TypeFull-timeDescriptionJOB TITLE: Structural Engineer / PEDISCIPLINE/MARKET/GROUP: Structural Team – Buildings EngineeringJob Summary: This position is primarily responsible for performing complex and/or unique engineering functions specific to the structural discipline.Essential Functions: Interprets, defines, organizes, executes, and coordinates engineering assignments. Directs a specific technical program and provides technical direction for multiple projects of considerable scope and complexity. Responsible for coordinating the technical execution of large segments of an engineering program with extensive and diversified engineering requirements. Applies or develops advanced theories, concepts, principles, and processes in execution of quality deliverables that meet project/deliverable specifications. Provides technical expertise and leadership in the project definition and planning phases. Communicates new scientific methods, developments, and practices through appropriate firm channels. Develops and documents standard practices and coaches and mentors other team members in skill development areas. Business Development Role: Provides technical expertise in the preparation of proposals, presentations, and technical narratives. Acts as technical expertise and representative of the firm at various functions, as needed. Presents at conferences to promote the innovative and unique services Woolpert provides to our clients. Conducts training sessions for internal staff, as needed. Participates in firm-wide quality initiatives. May perform a phase manager role in complex projects, as needed. Perform other duties as assigned.Requirements
- Must have experience with developing and modifying models, plans, details, and drawings of structural engineering systems and components according to established standards and modeling techniques.
- Performs structural design and analysis for various structural materials, including steel, concrete, wood and masonry.
- Must have above average skills designing directly in Revit or directing Revit designers for preparing construction documents.
- Must have experience in coordination of design documents between disciplines.
- Must be mentally and physically capable of performing all essential duties required of the position.
- Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents including scientific and technical journals.
- Must have expert verbal and written communication skills for both internal and external relationships.
- Must be able to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries from clients, regulatory agencies, and/or members of the business community,
- Must be able to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style.
- Must have above average presentation skills.
- Must be able to develop computer applications or other analysis techniques appropriate to discipline.
- Must have expert knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Must be familiar with discipline related software applications.
- Must have a BA/BS and eight (8) years related experience, MA/MS and six (6) years related experience, or 12 years related experience.
- Must be a Registered Professional Engineer.
- Must be willing to travel to project sites or offices as needed based on assigned projects or as required for team collaboration.
Resulting Physical Qualifications:
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to operate and manipulate standard office equipment.
- Must be able to occasionally reach and bend.
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.