We are currently seeking a Structural Engineer for our Infrastructure-Transportation Practice! RS&H is a leader in structural design throughout Illinois and nationally, having completed some of the most complex structures in the State. Our bridge design projects have included curved steel and concrete bridges along with complex phasing and accelerated bridge construction. If this sounds like the type of work you are passionate about, RS&H offers an opportunity to be a part of our outstanding bridge group and advance your career. We have an amazing team of talented structural engineers and designers and are looking to add a talented engineer to our team. This role is responsible for the structural aspects of highway and/or railroad engineering projects including bridge design, walls and specialized structures. This position will be responsible for technical design and for mentoring junior level structural engineers. Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, or other related specialization from an ABET accredited university.
- Professional Engineer (PE) Licensure or Structural Engineer (SE) Licensure or ability to obtain within six months of hire.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive structural engineering design experience; complex bridge design experience preferred.
- Good working knowledge of MicroStation, Excel, MathCad, variety of Structural Design Software, (examples include STAAD, MDX, LPILE, CONSPAN, RISA, LARSA)
- Experience working on IDOT projects.
- Experience with load ratings.
- Experience mentoring engineering staff.
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Medical and Dental
- Click Here for Full Benefits Information
From managed toll lanes and long-range corridor plans to complex interchanges, major roadway, and segmental bridge designs, our teams provide the highest quality planning, environmental and engineering design solutions to our clients. Each day, we partner with transportation agencies and local governments across the country to keep our communities moving and improving the overall quality of life. By joining our team, you too can lead the evolution of transportation.
Employee-owned, RS&H is one of the nation’s leading architecture, engineering, and consulting firms whose associates work hard every day to create a more connected future where everyone can thrive. We offer an exceptional journey from start to future. Our integrated teams translate experience into insight, turn challenges into opportunities, and build relationships that are as strong as the buildings and infrastructure we deliver together. We attribute our success to an unwavering commitment to our core values of: integrity, caring, forward-thinking, creativity, inclusivity, and ownership. An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.