Binghamton, NY, North America
Additional Locations: Syracuse, NY and Arlington, VA
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. No sponsorship is available for this position.We invite you to bring your experience and skills into play as you contribute to the innovative building solutions we offer our clients. To succeed in this role, you must have a Bachelor’s or Associates Degree related to Architecture or Structural Technology. We are looking for an entry level individual with interest in building design and construction administration, a strong interest in sustainability and pursuing a career in structural design. Are you our new Structural Designer? Click the apply-button to send your application.Inviting bright mindsDo you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative, and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions strive to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies, and people around the world.You will join our Structural and Architectural departmentAs our new Structural Designer, you will be part of a highly skilled and experienced team of building design professionals who execute interesting and diverse projects in the municipal, industrial, institutional, and commercial sectors. Our team is at the forefront of helping clients achieve their built environment goals emphasizing sustainability concepts. You will have opportunities to collaborate with design and construction professionals in all the Ramboll business units and organizations in the Americas and globally including Environment & Health, Water, and Energy.Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Prepare structural engineering and construction drawings, under direct supervision, for all phases of a project, utilizing Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD software.
- Adhere to the policies and standards set forth in the firm’s quality management system, including Ramboll drafting standards and specific client or industry standards.
- Participate in the Ramboll CAD/BIM Coordinator Certification program
- Act as CAD/ BIM Coordinator on selected projects.
- Review vendor drawings/submittals to confirm compliance with Contract Documents.
- Visit job sites to gain field experience, broaden background and develop practical engineering skills.
- Actively participate in creating a safety culture in the office and in the field.
- Consistently utilize sound judgement and discretion in performance of job functions.
- Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, aerial photographs, geotechnical data and other information to plan projects of routine to average complexity and create design deliverables for review by engineering staff.
- Perform tasks which require the application of fundamental engineering concepts and mathematical formulas, under direct supervision of engineering staff. These assignments may include performing necessary calculations using accepted formulas and references, as well as developing and detailing simple and complex design elements.
Your starting point for constant growthFrom the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- BS or Associates Degree related to Architecture or Structural Technology
- Experience with AutoCAD, Revit
- Willingness to grow and learn new market sectors and areas where you lack experience.
- Confident communicator with colleagues and clients, ability to interact directly with clients, work independently with direction and support from senior staff, actively participate in team development and individual professional growth, and strong report writing skills.
Welcome to our Structural and Architectural departmentRamboll is at the forefront of addressing the green transition and offers a holistic approach that supports the sector on the journey towards more sustainable solutions. With 16,500 experts in 35 countries, covering the full spectrum of technologies and all parts of the value chain, we plan, design and implement building solutions all over the world.Ramboll in AmericasFounded in Denmark, Ramboll is a people company that has over 2,000 experts working across more than 60 offices in the Americas applying their passion to deliver innovative solutions across Buildings, Transport, Energy, Environment & Health, Water, Management Consulting, and Architecture and Landscape. As a company, we are committed to reducing our environmental impact, contributing to a cohesive society with equal rights and opportunities for all, and fostering a culture of excellence, enjoyment, and equal opportunities for all our employees. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future working in an open, collaborative, and empowering culture.Our Commitment to SustainabilityResponsible business conduct and sustainable practices have been part of Ramboll’s DNA since the company’s inception. Today these principles are an integral part of Our Mission and services and are formalized through our systematic work with the UN sustainable development goals. We are dedicated to taking a leading role in sharing best practices and creating value for clients by delivering solutions that are environmentally, economically, and socially sustainable. We have also committed to ambitious targets to maximize our own sustainability performance and set the industry benchmark.How to applyApply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.