Do you want to work on unique and challenging projects? Do you appreciate the value of holistic design thinking and want to be part of a multidisciplinary team that is rewarded for doing what is right for the long-term success of the customer and our business?
Buro Happold is seeking Structural Engineers to join our talented and inclusive structural engineering team.We offer hybrid working and our structures teams are based in Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, and Seattle.As a Structural Engineer you will have the opportunity to apply your technical knowledge of structural design across a portfolio of ground-breaking projects in the US and globally. Strong communication skills and teamwork are essential to life at Buro Happold and in turn, we can offer you unrivalled career, project, and development opportunities.Our ideal candidate will be an outgoing, creative individual with superb communication skills. Your broad design knowledge will serve you well in this role as you make your mark on our exciting range of projects. This role will typically analyze and design structural systems for steel and concrete buildings using the appropriate building codes and be in close collaboration with other disciplines within a multi-discipline environment.As a key part of the team, your responsibilities will be varied but will broadly include:What would you be doing?
- Preparation of detailed engineering designs, drawings, and documents
- Undertake detailed engineering design for gravity and lateral systems of building structures
- Create 3D structural analysis models using commercial software, including RAM, SAP, ETABS, SAFE, etc
- Plan and help manage CAD documentation and BIM models of design work, by working closely with Buro Happold Technicians
- Ensure senior staff are kept informed of important and relevant service/design decisions
- Collaborate and coordinate with team members from both your own discipline and others
What are we looking for?
- 2+ years’ experience of innovative structural building engineering design
- Relevant bachelor’s degree; master’s degree preferred
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of US Building and Material Codes
- Broad structural design knowledge from working on a wide range of projects
- Seismic analysis and design experience beneficial
- Experience with wide range of material, including the design of steel, concrete and wood building structures
- Good working experience with BIM tools such as REVIT
- Experience with or willing to learn computation design methods, using Rhino, Grasshopper is a plus
- At Buro Happold, you’ll work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, contributing to unique and innovative projects that inspire awe, transform communities and help to combat climate change
- Our strength is in our diversity and you’ll join a team that thrives on openness, respect and collaboration. Your expertise will be recognized, your opinion valued, and your passions supported. You will be challenged and you’ll also be enabled to deliver your best, boldest and most creative work
- Advance your career within a forward-thinking, global community of engineering professionals
What we offer:
- Salary range of $72,800 to $96,400. This will be determined based on factors such as geographic location, skills, education, and/or experience
- Generous benefits package
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Generous PTO (4 weeks) in addition to 10 paid holidays
- 401k with company match
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Hybrid working & summer hours
- Reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees
- Global network of experts
- Learning and development opportunities
- Be a part of our Young Employees Forum and our Diversity and Inclusion Forum
Described by our clients as 'passionate', 'innovative', 'collaborative': Buro Happold is an independent, international engineering practice that for over 40 years has become synonymous with the delivery of creative, value led building and city solutions for an ever changing world. Having worked on every continent, our clients include more than 90% of the world's leading architectural practices and we have collaborated with global organisations such as the United Nations, The World Bank and UNESCO. Through our global community of driven, world leading engineering and consulting professionals we deliver elegant solutions for buildings and cities that seek to address the major problems facing societies today. Follow us @burohappold and find out more at www.burohappold.com. Buro Happold value flexible working as an important part of the way we work. We welcome applications from those who are seeking flexibility in their careers.
Be you at Buro Happold
Buro Happold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals. We actively promote inclusivity to enable every individual to reach their full potential, the more inclusive we are the better our work will be.
We are working to change the lack of representation of minority groups in the built environment, and are particularly keen to hear from anyone who feels they are underrepresented in the industry. We have much to learn from one another. Embracing difference allows us to develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.Type of contractPermanentGradeEngineerArea of ExpertiseBuilding StructuresRegionUSOffice / Project LocationSan Francisco, Seattle, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston, DetroitRef No6805ApplyShare
Please note Buro Happold will never ask for payment to register or apply for a role.Buro Happold actively promotes inclusion across the practice to enable every individual to reach their full potential. Read our Equal employment opportunity statement to find out more.Do you work for a recruitment agency? Read our Recruitment agency policy