Do you want to help engineer what’s next?Simpson Gumpertz & Heger (SGH) is a national engineering firm committed to delivering holistic advice for our clients’ most complex challenges. We leverage our collective and diverse experience, technical expertise, and industry knowledge of structures and building enclosures, advanced analysis, code consulting, and applied science & research to deliver unrivaled, comprehensive solutions that drive superior performance. With more than 600 employees in eight office locations throughout the United States, SGH’s industry-leading teams constantly seek to advance the meaning of what’s possible.We want someone passionate about structural engineering and problem solving.Our Structural Engineering division is currently looking to hire December 2022 and upcoming Spring 2023 graduates with a Master’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering in our LA office.What You'll Be Doing: The Structures Division provides structural engineering services with emphasis on new design, repair and rehabilitation of constructed works, and investigation and performance evaluation of a variety of structures and materials. Essential duties include performing a wide range of structural engineering analysis and design tasks in steel, concrete, masonry and wood structures; assisting senior staff in on-site investigations to document existing conditions and determine root of problems; managing the preparation of drawings and specifications; and aiding senior staff during the construction administration phase of projects. A strong technical education, professional demeanor, and desire to learn is essential to this position.What You'll Need:
- MS in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Communication skills: excellent written, oral and verbal communication skills. Ability to conveys information to internal and external clients clearly.
- Problem-solving ability: capability to solve minor or complex problems using data, logic, and judgement. Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical skills.
- Team-oriented mindset – ability to work successfully with others toward a shared goal with active participation.
- Accountability and responsibility - ability to meet deadlines. Willingness take independent initiative to ensure tasks are competed.
- Enthusiasm, passion, and desire for continued learning of new ideas and concepts.
- Familiarity with computer analysis software (e.g., ETABS, SAP, RISA, RAM, SAFE, etc.)
- Valid driver’s license and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report.
- FE/EIT certification, preferred.
What makes careers at SGH so special?The only way to advance is to question and explore. Every member of the SGH team is both a learner and an educator, committed to advancing ourselves, our teams, and our industry. Together we are creating a community that never settles for what is, but always seeks what could be.There are many reasons to love SGH.
- Our Work: Our clients trust us to bring clarity and deliver outstanding solutions for their most complex projects.
- Our People: We are bold thinkers and compassionate teammates, committed to lifelong learning and professional growth.
- Our Commitment: We live with integrity and embrace an obligation to give back to our professions and communities.
- Our Contribution: We offer a comprehensive and rich compensation and benefits package with company-paid and voluntary programs to help build healthy lifestyles, strong relationships, and future prosperity.
Anticipated annual base salary: $67,000 - $85,000. This range is a good-faith estimate provided pursuant to the California Pay Transparency Law. The actual salary offered may vary from the range, as permitted by the California Equal Pay Transparency Law, and will be based on several factors including the candidate’s experience and qualifications, education, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role. Base salary is a part of SGH’s industry-leading Total Compensation package. Our Total Compensation package includes base salary, pay for extra hours worked, an annual bonus program, generous paid time off, and health and wellness benefits with a special emphasis on substantial SGH contributions to medical insurance premiums and SGH’s Profit Sharing & 401(k) Plan. SGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity in our workforce. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all job applicants and employees. We consider all qualified applicants and encourage individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to apply. If the application system is not accessible to you, or you need a reasonable accommodation to apply due to a disability, please email [email protected].